Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Minimum Bachelors degree or equivalent.
Minimum 5 years experience in drafting, reviewing or negotiating contracts in
a multinational compannt (experience in pharmaceutical industry preferred).
At least 2 years experience in people management.
Fluent in English & French
This individual will play a key role in the efficient preparation and management of legal contracts for clients based both centrally and in the affiliate organization. He/she will be responsible for the drafting and review of a variety of agreements as well as having people management responsibilities for parts of the Contracts Team. He/she will help deliver and update training for internal clients on a variety of issues, including the contracts process and contract software tools. The ability to meet deadlines and to manage priorities and be willing to work in an environment where individual initiative and accountability to the team are required.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a variety of contracts with minimal supervision and within established guidelines set by the Legal Department.
• Partnering with internal clients to drive resolution in contract and contract compliance matters.
• Work with internal clients to understand business objectives and expectations and to provide advice on contracts and contract compliance.
• Provide training on contracts and compliance to affiliates and departments.
• Draft and review SOPs.
• Support Contracts Manager in a variety of projects.
• Manage contract templates and keep them up to date with the corporate policies and country specific requirements.
• Using the available I.T. tools, run periodic reports on contracts; analyze and present data.
• Ensuring compliance with policies and procedures, ethical practices, company values, and adherence to relevant laws and regulations.
• Identify needs and support for continuous improvement of contract processes, policies and templates and support management in planning and implementing improvements.
• First Line Manager: manage, coach and develop contract specialists, including supervising their work.
• Qualified through education, training and/or work experience in the areas of responsibility, including people management and review and drafting of contracts.
• Strong communication and negotiation skills, and excellent writing and editing abilities.
• Solid experience and understanding of legal terms and conditions.
• Strong interpersonal skills to work as a team-player and to effectively work with people of diverse rank and culture across a variety of business disciplines
• Ability to quickly grasp business objectives, prioritize and organize work and multi-task.
• Ability to work successfully under tight deadlines.
• Ability to identify, define and prioritize risks and communicate those to appropriate internal decision-makers for discussion and resolution.
• Experience working with a contract management and archiving system or other database document management system.
• Fully committed to the job to deliver outstanding work product and a strong service orientation and positive “can-do” attitude.
• Accurate and precise, logical and organized, flexible and receptive to change
• Ability to work independently, organize and to deal effectively with a broad range of personalities.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point software programs.
• An interest in the life sciences field.
• Excellent English & French language skills absolutely required, additional languages are advantageous.