Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
The Medical Affairs Effectiveness (MAE) function within Celgene is committed to driving evidence generation and skills competence to remain at the cutting edge of the business. The function will focus and build capability based on the demands of the external operating environment and the growth in our portfolio and therapeutic areas. Central to this expansion of Medical Affairs is a dedicated Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) function. This function will be led by the Medical Affairs HEOR Director. The Director will lead this HEOR function within Medical Affairs (EMEA) and will serve to extend the skill of the medical staff in understanding the dynamics of Market Access in the EMEA region and in generating the evidence which will support the clinical use of our products in patients with unmet medical needs. The goals and objectives of the MA HEOR Director will be to generate, analyze and communicate HEOR evidence to support the optimal use and patient benefit of Celgene products. The Medical Affairs HEOR Director will partner with the existing Market Access department to jointly address the needs of the affiliates in the EMEA Region. The ideal candidate will have a strong health economics background within the pharmaceutical industry and established relationships with key opinion leaders in the HEOR arena. There will be no direct reports for this position.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited, to 5 main areas:
1. Training and education of Internal and External Medical professionals, across EMEA, on the data, the economics and QoL impact for patients & physicians (HEOR Academy).
2. The generation of evidence and data from clinical trials (Med Aff, IITs and other Real World studies) from a Medical perspective which complements and reinforces the Pricing and Value driven evidence from Market Access analysis.
3. EFPIA Company lead for WP6 (Policy Makers, HTA Agencies, Payers, Patients) for a pan EU Innovative Medicines Initiative (HARMONY). HARMONY - Healthcare Alliance for Resourceful Medicines Offensive against Neoplasms in HematologY - is aimed at capturing, integrating, analyzing and harmonizing big data from high-quality multidisciplinary sources with the purpose of unlocking valuable knowledge on various hematologic malignancies. The big data platform will enable the more rapid definition of promising treatment strategies and predictions of adverse events likely to be associated with such strategies. This is a five year project with a total budget of E 40 million.
4. Establishing a clear Medical Affairs perspective HEOR strategy with agreed areas of Open Research Questions
5. Providing Medical based HEOR advice and assistance in generation of value proposals and dossiers for regional reimbursement and payer negotiations
Additionally the post-holder will:
• Be a core member of Medical Affairs Leadership Team (MALT) for EMEA
• Be an extended member of the EMEA Market Access Team
• Be the Celgene Lead for the EMEA HEOR Steering Committee.
• Be accountable for the HEOR annual budget across haem/onc– ensuring quarterly tracking
• Make recommendations to Sr. Director Medical Affairs Effectiveness regarding additional resource and budget as part of strategic and operational planning cycles.
• Work with the wider medical affairs (EMEA) and market access (EMEA) department to build strong relationships and Celgene’s reputation with health economic and clinical opinion leaders, academic think-tanks, patient advocacy groups and policy makers in EMEA.
• Be expected to travel 30% of the time.
The post holder will have a medical affairs/clinical background as well as proven experience in the generation, interpretation and communication of Health Economic and Patient Reported Outcomes evidence (ideally from the haematology/oncology therapy area).
The post holder should have the following:
• Ideally >10+ years experience of HEOR and/or market access in the pharmaceutical industry and/or Health Care Consulting / Academic setting
Proven experience and understanding of Medical Affairs activities in a dynamic pharmaceutical environment
Proven ability to communicate effectively with and have professional credibility with external opinion leaders
• Ability to develop close and effective collaborative relationships with different stakeholder organizations
• Ability to establish high standards for quality and HEOR excellence within the medical affairs organization
• Champions the role of HEOR within the Medical Affairs organization
• Ability to handle ambiguity and decisions whilst working with limited information and uncertainty
• Strong internal stakeholder management skills –ability to maintain high levels of communication between the HEOR function within Medical Affairs and the Market Access organization (EMEA)
• Effective negotiator with good political awareness and influencing skills
• Established relationships with external key opinion leaders in the HEOR field Ability to drive exceptional performance of team members and prior experience of addressing poor performance issues
• Good attention to detail
• Excellent social style and behavioral skills and a representative appearance are essential
• Is a strong internal and external communicator
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Proven project management skills
• Flexible with a positive mindset and ability to prioritise projects
• Able to identify with Celgene’s values and ensure these values are held by members of the team
• PhD qualification in health economics (desirable) with an MSc qualification in health economics (essential).
• Evidence of ongoing study to ensure up to date academic thinking.
Knowledge and experience of the drug development and commercialization; ideally with the therapeutic areas of Haematology and Oncology
• Thought leader in the health economics and outcomes research field with a strong external profile
• Expert knowledge of health economics and outcomes research, health technology assessment, patient-reported outcome measures, costing methods and observational and randomized study designs.
• Thorough understanding of observational and clinical studies designs and good knowledge of quantitative analytic methods.
Executive Behavior level
• Promotes Open Communication
• Shapes Strategy
• Demonstrates Adaptability
Middle Manager Level
• Fosters Teamwork
• Drives Innovation
• Drives Execution