Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
PREREQUISITES Qualified through education, training and/or work experience in the areas of responsibility.
The Sr Legal Specialist will work as an integral member of the Legal Department and will perform a variety of legal and project management duties under the supervision of a Legal Director in Boudry. In particular, the Sr Legal Specialist will support the day-to-day management of both Celgene’s global Third Party Due Diligence and International Record Management programs.
In addition, the Sr Legal Specialist will play a lead role in supporting the governance of Celgene’s distributor partner markets in EMEA Emerging and Asia Pacific Markets. Moreover, the Sr Legal Specialist will support the International Legal Department implementing various projects geared to promote efficient working practices and processes within the team and with customers.
The Sr Legal Specialist shall be exposed directly to customers across geographies and functions.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Relating to Celgene’s global Third Party Due Diligence:
– As primary Due Diligence Coordinator, ensure a constant oversight of Celgene’s DD Platform in order to ensure the overall effectiveness of the DD Platform;
– Support Celgene’s Global Third Party DD Committee members;
– Manage the Third Party Due Diligence email box;
– Act as a primary contact person for Due Diligence Coordinators based in Celgene’s International HQ in Boudry, as well as based in European and International entities;
– Organize regular trainings, meetings and reports to Due Diligence Coordinators to support them performing their roles and responsibilities to the best possible standards;
– Support Geographical Assigned Lawyers (GALs) in relation to Celgene’s Third Party DD Program, including any technical questions and or training needs they may have regarding the Program and Platform, and keeping them regularly informed of relevant date and trends affecting the markets and functions their support;
– Keep track of all trainings performed by GALs, and before the end of each calendar year, propose to Celgene’s Global Third Party DD Committee members a training plan for the year to come.
• Relating to Celgene’s Global Records Management Program:
– Planning and preparing the yearly “CleanOuts process”;
– Supporting related trainings under the supervision of the Record Retention Manager;
– Following-up on users’s CleanOuts process completion, using relevant reporting tools available within Celgne.
• Relating to the Management of our Distributor Partners, and Logistic Service Provider (LSPs) contracts:
– Supporting tendering activities, such as by preparing the tendering contracts and related documentation;
– Support the drafting and reviewing all other documents which may need to be put in place with our distributor partners, or bodies/authorities in Celgene distributor markets (e.g. Letter of Authorizations; Letter of Agreements; Pricing arrangements);
– Under the supervision of the relevant Geographical Assigned Lawyer, support the drafting of distributor contract and amendments;
– Managing signatures (including legalization), tracking and archiving (paper files and related electronic archive) of all documents relating to Distributor and LSPs agreements generated through the International Legal Department (such as contracts, letters, amendments, etc);
– Establishing internal procedures and processes to ensure the said contracts are communicated on a need to know basis to key internal stakeholders, and that regular reminders are sent to relevant internal contract owners as to ensure they are reminded of upcoming contract renewals and/or expiration dates;
– Support the implementation and follow-up of good governance practices and compliance programs with our Distributor.
• Lead and/or provide guidance and support to various ad’hoc projects generated through the International Legal Department, such as project involving the development of procedures and processes supporting the International Legal Team (e.g. electronic signature project).
• Qualified through education, training and/or work experience in the areas of responsibility, including management of organizational processes, communication skills, and excellent writing and editing abilities.
• Interpersonal skills to work as a team-player and to effectively work with people of diverse rank and culture across a variety of business disciplines
• A strong service orientation and positive “can-do” attitude.
• Ability to work independently, organize and to deal effectively with a broad range of personalities.
• Ability to work under strict timelines and under time pressure
• Accurate, precise, logical and organized
• Flexible and adaptable to changing project priorities and work assignments
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point software programs.