MMV is a leading product development partnership (PDP) in the field of antimalarial drug research and development. Its mission is to reduce the burden of malaria in disease-endemic countries by discovering, developing and delivering new, effective and affordable antimalarial drugs.
MMV’s success in research & development and access & product management comes from its extensive partnership networkof over 400 pharmaceutical, academic and endemic-country partners in 50 countries. We are currently seeking a Project Coordinator to join our Drug Discovery team for 8 months, to cover a maternity leave.
The Project Coordinator will provide logistical and administrative support to project directors and to the Head of Drug Discovery in the context of project team activities.
The Project Coordinator will:
Support Project Teams
- Coordinate and attend meetings/teleconferences: book meeting rooms, circulate agendas, take meeting minutes, communicate follow-up actions as appropriate under the supervision of the Project Director
- Provide scientific input into the evaluation of routine data, under the mentorship of the Project Director
- Organize and ensure efficient delivery of project compounds to testing centres and follow up. This includes taking account of all Material Transfer Agreements, tracking, timing, receipt, communication of data to teams and ensuring data is uploaded to Science Cloud®, MMV’s compound database
- Organize the Science Cloud® collaboration folders in a way that encourages and builds team work, facilitates open communication and up-to-date storage of data and information
- Maintain an updated SharePoint folder for each project with archiving of agreed information (including monthly reports)
- Assist with project reports (External Scientific Advisory Committee reports, presentations, candidate selection documentation) when required
Support Project Directors
- Provide administrative support as required including, but not limited to, completing expense forms, travel requests and budget approval/ amendment forms
- Assist the Project Director with any legal work streams that need to be initiated
- Assist with literature searches, preparation of bibliographies and contribute to scientific articles as needed
- Take on other key roles or responsibilities as agreed with the Project Director
- Update and maintain the organizational contacts database
Occasionally support the Head of Drug Discovery
- Be responsible for non-scientific project coordination where appropriate and agreed within the team
- Lead and manage the discovery team meetings, ensuring that agendas are circulated in advance, minutes are written and actions reviewed
- Provide logistical coordination for consultants when needed
Education and experience:
- Educated to University level with a degree or major in science (biology, chemistry or a related natural or biological science)
- Two to three years’ experience in a multinational/ international environment
Technical skills required:
- Excellent command of the English language (oral and written)
- Expertise with all Microsoft applications
Behavioural skills required:
- Scientific expertise coupled with a real desire to be an effective administrator and support others
- Autonomous and proactive – able to work independently under minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to coordinate and deliver multiple activities
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity in working with diverse international teams
- Flexible and able to handle frequent changes
Starting date: 1 stFebruary 2017
Preference will be given to Swiss citizens and candidates who hold a valid work permit.
Interested applicants should send their CV and a cover letter giving reasons for their interest in the position to jobs[at] mmv.org before 17 November 2016. Please refer to the following code in the subject line of your email: RD-2016-11.
Recruitment agencies are kindly requested to refrain from submitting applications.