Scientific Communication Leader
Reference Number: 246890-W
Type of placement: Contract
Location: Switzerland, North West
For our pharmaceutical clients in Switzerland we are constantly looking to connect with experienced professionals in several areas, including pre-clinical development, clinical research, medical affairs, regulatory affairs, etc.
One of the roles we often recruit for is a Scientific Communication Leader. The major goal is to drive the scientific communication activities in different therapeutic areas using medical communication tools and programs as well as communicating data to physicians and other audiences to help transform clinical practices.Main Responsibilities:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Develop, design and execute medical communications strategy including core medical messages, publications and congress plans, multi-channel medical education programs, plan and execute advisory boards, medical projects to support medical affairs objectives and work with relevant agencies and stakeholders to ensure quality, focus and timely delivery.
- Responsible for the execution of medical education activities for internal and external audiences including congress presence, symposia, advisory boards and other scientific communication activities as defined in the Global Medical Plan for assigned products
- Gather insight and work with relevant stakeholders to identify opportunities to take expert opinion and develop, design, implement solutions
- Publication planning, drive the strategy and alignment with Medical Affairs and manage Medical Affairs publication budget
- Work with appropriate agencies to lead specific activities in accordance with best practices and Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs)
- Bring functional expertise, consistency, and innovation to the project teams to optimally design and implement scientific communication activities and engagement with Therapeutic Areas Experts (TAEs)
- Science background with 4 or more years’ professional experience in the pharmaceutical/ biotechnology industry or related experience (preferably in clinical development, medical affairs, or medical communication agency) with a focus on oncology preferably in lung cancer or cancer immunotherapy
- Proven ability to translate complex scientific data into relevant communications to a diverse array of target audiences
- Experience in driving scientific/medical advisory boards, independent medical education, medical communication, and/or other healthcare professional (HCP) interactions
- Good knowledge of clinical trials and experience in planning and executing medical education, and medical communication/publication activities
- Experience in collaboration with healthcare professionals (HCPs)
- Proven abilities with a wide range of data/ information: scientific/clinical, safety, legal/regulatory, medical writing, analytics, etc
- Experience in preclinical or clinical development, public policy, product marketing or scientific communications preferred.