Business Development Manager
This role will require you to conduct new Business development activities with the aim of increasing CTC’s client and revenue base. The focus is the Life Sciences industry in Switzerland and Germany. You should be proactive in your nature and a “door-opening” consultative sales person.
- To build up a solid portfolio of clients via effective account planning and research
- Conduct new business development activities including active canvassing, client profiling, attending conferences and networking events
- To develop an understanding of clients such that a comprehensive solution may be offered and delivered to the client
- Be capable of running a structured meeting, including making sales-focussed presentations where necessary
- Consistently track all your activity in CTC’s CRM system
- To report activity summaries along with tangible outcomes on a weekly / monthly / quarterly basis
- To help and support other consultants by providing them with market intelligence and appropriate candidates
- To be able to offer our clients a multiple of recruitment recommendations both verbally and through detailed proposals
- Negotiate agreements with clients autonomously in line with CTC business and strategic objectives
- To efficiently escalate all contractual, financial or legal issues where necessary / appropriate
Qualifications and Experience:
To be considered suitable applicant for this role, you will be expected to have the drive, energy, and approach to visibly contribute to an organisation going through a concerted phase of growth.
Additionally, you must be:
- A Graduate (or Graduate calibre), educated at least to Bachelor level
- 3+ years’ experience in sales / business development with the Pharmaceutical and/or Medical devices as target vertical markets.
- Able to demonstrate a successful track record in business development highlighting specific wins, gains and defences. Experience of having done this in a recruitment context will be a huge asset.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communications skills – English is essential, as is Swiss-German.
- Be computer literate; in particular have extensive experience of using industry-standard packages such as Microsoft Office etc.
- Be an expert at writing and delivering sales presentations in PowerPoint.
- Prepare thoroughly for client meetings and accurately anticipate needs and concerns. You must have an eye for detail and a penchant for research.
- Be naturally well-motivated and results driven
- Previous experience of being in a start-up environment / managing a small team would be hugely advantageous.