IT Operations Engineer
IT Operations Engineer
Swiss Franc130000.00 - Swiss Franc140000.00 per annum
IT System Engineer – SQL/Windows server job in Zurich
On behalf of our client, a highly regarded financial organisation, we are looking for a System Engineer to join their team in Zurich on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will have a varied and hands-on role working in IT primarily but not exclusively supporting our many SQL Server environments. The candidate will need to work very closely with the Applications Management team in order to deliver new projects, system upgrades or actively troubleshooting issues.
As a member of a small team, it is important the candidate is solution oriented, thinks flexibly, takes ownership and has the the ability to work independently. Responsibilities will include:
- SQL Server DBA – Management of the various Production / Test and Development databases instances, patching of databases and ensuring the whole environment is running Knowledge of SQL and performance tuning.
- Strong Foundations around Microsoft Environments – Windows and Active Linux experience is helpful.
- Operations – Ensuring system processes are properly scheduled and monitored, and able to work on call to manage incidents that happen out of hours or over weekends for system
- Release Management – Manage testing and release of new IT services, with a strong emphasis on adopting proper change management
- Problem Management – Assist in continual improvement of systems through careful analysis of issues and their causes.
- The candidate should have 3 – 5 years of experience within the financial industry
- Very good knowledge in MS SQL Server / Windows Server
- Very good English and German speaking skills
- Ability to solve problems independently, quickly and completely and to communicate them clearly to management
- Flexible individual willing to get involved where required and keen to face new challenges and learn new tools
- The candidate should alredy be living in Switzerland
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
Ancillary Job InformationReference:908443Location:ZürichType:PermanentSalary:CHF130,000 – CHF140,000 per annumPosted:19/10/2016Apply Now
Back to search results