Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Product Development Engineer - Packaging
* Location: Schlieren
* Project duration: 4-6 months with possible extension
* Client: leading Medical Device Company
In this role you are responsible for both leading technical projects from idea generation to Design Transfer, and taking responsibility for developing product packaging according to the company's Design Control and Idea to Market process. The area of responsibility includes new packaging developments as well as maintaining the existing product portfolio such as cost reduction or quality improvement.
* Generate, change and review specifying documents (e.g. SPE, DRW, ECO) as part of Technical File and project work.
* Ensure that documents are uniform, accurate and comply with the applicable engineering, medical device and Company's standards.
* Develop and document packaging concepts (e.g. product packaging design, processes, layouts) for evaluation and support to elaborate business scenarios prioritizing project initiatives.
* Conduct and document technical analysis (e.g. prototypes, initial samples, complaints), perform and evaluate feasibility studies and design verification tests of technical solutions.
* Provide technical content and review product related documentation such as IFUs, product catalogues, marketing and sales information.
* Be a point of knowledge for product packaging and comply with all relevant guidelines and procedures such as Design Control and Idea to Market process.
* Strong technical background (B.Eng., M.Eng. or equivalent) in relevant fields for e.g. packaging or mechanical engineering, materials sciences or equivalent.
* Expertise in Sterile Barrier Packaging
* Experience with ISO 11607-1 und ISO 11607-2
* Expertise with Design Control / Design verification and deep knowledge of stability und performance testing procedures
* Five plus (5+) years of successful working experience in design controlled product development and / or technical projects in the regulated industry
* Good track record in leading projects and project teams in matrix organizations in the medical device or pharmaceutical industry, preferably in the dental industry
* Strong organizational and multitasking skills with the ability to prioritize tasks independently to meet the objectives.
* Good understanding of user needs, clinical and laboratory workflows to be able to translate customer needs into technical requirements and to perform customer visits with valuable feedback.
* Ability to functionally lead, organize and motivate cross functional teams as well as to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
* Comprehensive knowledge in relevant tools (SAP, NX/TC, Illustrator, MS Office, MS Project), processes (DCP and ItM) and relevant SOPs.
* Strong analytical skills and result orientation with interest into innovation and new technologies.
* Fluent in spoken and written English, German is an asset.
* Willingness to travel (approx. 5-10%). Are you interested in this position?
If this or similar positions would be of interest to you, please feel free to contact me.
041 44 588 26 27