Role Purpose and location:
The purpose of this role is to participate on development of Business Intelligence applications for global internal customers. This position will take place at Edwards office in Prague, Czech Republic. Business Intelligence development teams are split across three locations: Prague, Sofia (Bulgaria) and Bucharest (Romania) and infrastructure teams are spread across 3 locations: Prague, Nyon (Switzerland) and Irvine (California).
Major Job Functions:
Participate on design and development of ETL, data integration and database elements supporting QlikView and other reporting applications for the User Community globally (Over 1000 users), act as the team leader for development team and participate in development of user requests during whole development cycle according to given priorities.
- Independently deliver all phases of BI projects, including requirements gathering, design, workload estimate, development, testing, release to production and support.
- Create proof of concept solutions and actively participate in development process along with other developers.
- Provide consultation and delegation of development tasks to the team according to the given priorities.
- Investigate root cause, analyze, resolve, track, and escalate various technical problems.
- Propose and design a corrective solution to analyzed problems, according to customer requirements and feasibility options.
- Document customer requests in requirements definition document.
- Actively communicate details of customer requests via phone or electronically.
- Support features, functionality and usage of specific applications.
- Provide technical support for the users at escalation point.
- Cooperate with QlikView and BI Architects in order to align with internal methodology and best practices.
- Stay current on and adhere to established policies, procedures and documentation.
- A degree in Information Systems and MCTS, MCITP or recognized IT professional qualification, backed by passion for succeeding in the field of IT or a degree in Economics, Accounting, Logistics or Engineering combined with relevant IT experience.
- Experience with application development in QlikView, ETL tools (ODI, Informatica) and SQL Databases (Oracle, MS SQL etc.). 3+ years active experience with at least one of the listed tools required, combination of multiple tools is a strong advantage.
- Ability to handle new user requests, their prioritization and distribution of tasks to team members in alignment with project management best practices.
- Development of interpersonal professional relationship with internal as well with external team members is crucial skill.
- Experience in administration of ETL and DB servers.
- Basic knowledge of Finance, Marketing or Supply Chain processes is advantage.
- Fluent spoken and good written English required, another International language is advantage.
- Knowledge for agile development methodology is a strong advantage.
- Strong sense of ownership and self-motivation.
- Strong problem solving skills and decision making ability.
- Cooperative team-player.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership and team spirit.
- Ability to learn and apply technical information in a fast-paced, demanding work environment.
- Ability to follow policies and procedures; attention to detail.
- Capability to use proper business / technical language.
- Possess and display sound judgment; initiative; flexibility and detail-orientation.
- Stress tolerance.
About Edwards Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in the science of heart valves and hemodynamic monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company partners with clinicians to develop innovative technologies in the areas of structural heart disease and critical care monitoring that enable them to save and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs about 8,200 individuals worldwide. For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life. Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Job Function: Information Technology
Primary Location: Europe, Middle East, Africa, Canada (EMEAC)-Czech Republic