Janssen Vaccines AG, one of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, is a global biopharmaceutical company dedicated to bringing meaningful innovation to global health. We do this by discovering, developing, manufacturing and marketing products that combat major threats to the health of people worldwide.
The Bern site acts as a center of expertise for development and manufacturing of innovative cell based viral- and bacterial vaccines and is recently expanding its portfolio into bacterial based therapeutic products
For our site in Berne we are looking for a highly committed
Team leader/Scientist DSP
Your main tasks will be:
- Leading & coaching a skilled and passioned team of scientists, process engineers and technicians
- Providing direction and technical expertise to drive the team forward in improving results and processes and in evaluating and implementing new state of the art technologies and investigational tools
- Lab to pilot scale development, characterisation and validation of DSP processes for bacterially & virally based early and late stage vaccine products
- Planning, execution and documentation of process development work packages in crossfunctional partnership with CMC subteams
- Coordination and executing of investigation and troubleshooting activities linked to projects in a cGMP and/or development environment
- Fostering a high performance and continuous improvement culture and a rigorous and consistent approach in product development
- Master degree or Ph.D in Biotechnology / Biology / Biochemistry / Process engineering
- Team player and a personality with excellent interpersonal communication skills and people management capabiities
- Several years of practical experience in the DSP development, characterisation & scale-up of biomolecules, preferably vaccines
- Relevant experience with DoE and statistical tools for study planning and data evaluation
- Excellent problem solving and analytical capabilities
- Capacity to communicate fluently in English and German
- Ability to partner crossfunctionally with analytical development, engineering, quality control, and regulatory organisations locally and across different sites in the network
- Strong ability to organize day-to-day business of a process development team, well-developed planning skills
- Experience with GMP or/and upstream processing would be an asset
Depending on your experience and qualifications, an employment as scientist without team leader responsibilities may be considered.
We are offering you a multifacetted challenge in a dynamic, international environment with attractive terms. Are you interested in joining us to make a difference to peoples health? Please send us your online application (CV, Working References etc.).
Crucell Switzerland AG (8851)