JAVA TECHNICAL LEAD / SENIOR DEVELOPER
Open Web Technology is a technology and strategy consulting firm. We help our clients leverage new technologiesto reshape their business, invent new products or transform their organization.
We are a brand of Swisscom Digital Technology SA, a joint venture established with Swisscom, whose goal is to become a leading provider of digital transformation consulting servicesfor large companies in Switzerland in the Telecommunications, Banks, Insurances, Media and Consumer Goods industries.
Learn more about us.
Open Web Technology has an immediate opening for a Technical Team Leader / Senior Developerin Geneva with minimum 6 years of development experience.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Participate in the technical design of projects we made for our Clients
- Lead and coach our project team
- Write efficient and reliable code; use best practices with our team.
- Organize and participate code reviews
- Setup unit and integration tests
- Keep up to date with latest technology trends
- Strong organizational and people management skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work for and in a team
- Autonomous worker, able to work independently
- 4 years of experience in web development
- 4 years of experience in Java Frameworks like Spring, Play
- At least C-level with English plus German or French (ideally as mother tongue)
- Demonstrated experience in coaching and managing teams
- Minimum 6 years of technical development experience with Java EE and related technologies
- Proficiency with HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience with popular open source components and frameworks such as Hibernate, Spring, AngularsJs
- Strong experience with web design and information architecture
- Experience in Continuous Integration
- Flexibility and motivation
- Strong team spirit, transparent communication and self-management
- Quest for constant learning
- Passion for Digital
Why work at Open Web Technology?
As a developer, you’ll be part of the Open Web Technology team from your very first day where you will find a young, supportive, collaborative, respectful, innovative, entrepreuneurial and highly connected environment that will help you develop the essential core skills to be relevant to clients. Your personal development will come from a combination of practical experience and formal training which will give you a foundation of tools and skills. But the most valuable learning happens through informal mentoring and guidance from your peers on a daily basis, where supporting each other’s success becomes natural. Our team will help you grow and become a leader.