The role aims to provide the Amcor Tobacco Packaging group with a standardised Quality management system which ensures compliance to contractual, normative and legal requirements by reasonable observation of risks and costs aspects. The Global Quality Manager will also lead and support the sites in the effective implementation of group Policies and Standards, monitor the overall performance and decide improvement measures.
To maintain and further develop the Global Integrated Management system and reporting system.
- Update of the Intranet based IMS with new Group standards and customers specifications;
- To develop and implement necessary Quality SOP's;
- Constantly focus on key risk areas having potential legal, commercial and financial impacts;
- To collect and benchmark Quality KPI’s;
- Plan, conduct audits and follow up on corrective actions.
To manage the contractual, normative and legal Quality requirements.
- To capture the inputs related to customer’s requirements, normative requirements and packaging regulatory aspects (regulatory watch);
- To analyse them against current practices, standards and performance;
- To assess the risks and propose/decide actions to eliminate/mitigate them.
To manage the group standards and specifications.
- To create, maintain and communicate Quality group standards and product specifications;
- To ensure the proper understanding and implementation of a.m. standards;
- To manage Quality documentation system (incl. group standards, customer’s specifications, regulatory and normative requirements);
- To provide access to the sites to the necessary information (group files, customer’s databases/portals).
To coordinate Quality related tasks across the group.
- To conduct inter‐laboratory cross-checks;
- To follow up on roll out of standards;
- Consolidation of regulatory compliance data from sites and suppliers to ensure interaction with OHSE community within the frame of the Integrated Management System.
- Education: completed technical degree. Additional training programs in Quality Management (Statistics, SPC, TQM/CI tools);
- > 5 years' professional experience in packaging industry, preferably in Quality role and in multi cultural environment;
- Sound knowledge of the packaging industry (converting and/or materials) particular experience in collaboration with customers, suppliers, sales and technical departments;
- > 3 years' experience as auditor according to ISO9001 and, ISO14001 or OHSA18001, HACCP/Pest control of advantage
- Other required Competencies/Qualities;
- Detailed understanding and technical competence in printing and converting technologies;
- Sound analytical and facilitation/negotiation skills, project management, holistic view of advantage;
- Competent in materials science (physical properties, chemistry) and multi‐head manufacturing;
- Sound understanding of Packaging regulations and chemistry;
- Languages: English (fluent), other European languages of advantage.