Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Reporting Accountant (FTC - 1 year)
The purpose of this role is to assist the Business Reporting Managers in the preparation of Management and
Statutory Financial Reports, Operating and Strategic Plan information and various tasks to support the Corporate
Finance Team’s annual objectives.
· Prepare and assist the Business Reporting Manager with the monthly Business Group financials and related
information and preparation of Consolidated Group financial information.
· For the designated Business Group, set up monthly conference calls to discuss the queries and issues arising
from the monthly reporting process.
· Establish a rapport with the designated Business Group Finance staff so that any queries they have will be
channelled through this position.
Assist in the Statutory Reporting process to ensure all key outputs are achieved on a timely basis by:
· Closely liaising with business groups to ensure completed data is received on time.
· Preparing and assisting the Business Reporting Manager with account reconciliations forming part of financial
· Managing Hyperion system journals and providing relevant support to the external auditors during the statutory
· Liaise with the Statutory Reporting team and external auditors to resolve queries.
Operating & Strategic Plans
Assist in the Operating and Strategic Plan process through the following activities:
· Planning process, content and presentation of the Operating and Strategic Plans.
· Operating and Strategic Plan information in respect of designated BGs.
· Provide analysis of financial data as required to senior management.
· Interpreting accounting standards and Group accounting policies for designated business group.
· Work closely with the APEX team to implement system changes and support regular APEX releases.
· Communicate and liaise with BG and FSG co-workers to meet all reporting and planning deadlines.
· Constantly challenge existing processes and contribute to the development and implementation of continuous
improvement strategies and plans with a view to enhancing the quality of Reporting.
· Lead and deliver on special projects, as required.
· Follow all safety procedures using accepted safe work practices.
· Provide and maintain equipment and systems of work that are, so far as is reasonably practicable, safe and
without risks to health (including psychological health).
· Be accountable for contractors who fail to follow safe work practices.
· Monitor, identify and control hazards in your work area and consult with H&S representatives to rectify hazards.
· Provide information, instruction, training and supervision to contractors to perform their work in a way that is safe
and without risks to health.
· Provide feedback on changes that will directly or indirectly affect your day to day work prior to changes being
· Formal Qualifications and Experience:Relevant tertiary qualification (i.e. Accounting and/or Finance). Completion, or near completion, of a post-graduate qualification (CPA or CA).
· 4+ years of audit, accounting or consulting experience, with a focus on Management & Statutory Reporting.
· Microsoft suite, with strong emphasis on Excel skills.
Competencies required for role:
· Drive for Results
· Influencing Others
· Process Management.
All applications must be submitted in English.