Senior Manager, Finance - GBS
1. Job Overview:
Enable Global Business Services (GBS) success by providing strong financial leadership to the VP Corporate IT & GBS. Provide financial and accounting advice, oversight and analysis for GBS projects and ongoing operations. Responsibility for the development and implementation of GBS finance and accounting processes such as annual budgeting, forecasting, reporting, cost allocations, profitability analysis, business reviews and capital investments. Manage the relationship with the Business Group CFOs and provide visibility of the GBS recharges. Be the primary point of contact for all GBS financial related topics.
2. Job Dimensions:
- Global Business Services (GBS) is a set of operational IT services, primarily Infrastructure and Customer Service Delivery; as well as other ancillary services. GBS manages a cost budget of circa USD 40m and is represented by some 250 co-workers in 30 countries.
- A global role, working with all Amcor Business Groups (BGs) and Corporate teams. Frequent interaction with BG CFOs and IT Directors.
- Direct Reports: None.
- Travel: circa 20%, primarily to Amcor hubs (e.g. Ann Arbor, Chicago, Miramar USA; Bristol, UK; Singapore).
3. Principal Accountabilities:
Management and General Business Support:
- Advisor and thought-partner to the SVP Corporate Operations and VP Corporate IT & GBS, providing key insights and support for GBS strategic and operating plans.
- Financial business partnership and expertise for GBS functional leaders.
- Actively participate in the leadership team to ensure operational success and to define, develop and implement organizational change activities.
Financial / Accounting - General:
- Maintain and continuously improve the financial infrastructure (systems, processes, procedures) to support GBS initiatives and ongoing operations:
- Budgeting / strategic planning / forecasting
- Reporting protocols
- KPIs and dashboard development and tracking
- Shared service center costing with allocations (pricing) to BGs with transparent reporting
- Cost allocation strategies / pricing models
- GBS Delegation of Authority
- Project accounting
- All organizational activities relating to the Finance/Accounting function
- Lead budget processes including the preparation of GBS budgets (both cost and allocation) for each function and region and preparation of analysis for review and discussion with BG CFOs and BG IT Directors.
Financial / Accounting – recurring periodically:
- Review and approval of supplier invoices.
- Prepare monthly cost allocation recharges (Australia-New Zealand-Singapore).
- Validate GBS transactions and advise accountants in regional shared service centres regarding accruals, internal recharges and accounting adjustments prior to each month-end.
- Monthly reporting, including preparation of GBS cost centre reporting and GBS KPIs for the BG CFOs.
- Prepare monthly consolidated GBS requirements for Corporate Finance including capex and cash flow reports with forecasts. Prepare consolidated Statutory Reporting Packages (SRP) for GBS including analysis for external auditors (at half-year and year-end).
- Conduct variance analysis and miscellaneous analyses on GBS cost centers and operating units (e.g. regional IT teams).
Project / Program Support:
- Lead/support cost reduction programs.
- Lead/support special projects (e.g. changes to GBS delivery model, supplier set-ups, organizational changes or ad hocsupport of GBS). Work with BGs and Group Tax to facilitate intercompany re-charges for GBS (incl. consideration of tax impacts ).
- Validation of GBS savings for both regional and projects, including review with BG subject-matter experts and BG IT leaders.
- Provide financial guidance to GBS co-workes on specific IT initiatives.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance or related subject
- Master’s or MBA preferred; professional certification advantageous e.g. CA, CIMA, ACCA, CPA
- Seven years professional experience in Finance, with roles of increasing responsibility
- Working within an international organization / multi-cultural environment
- Ability to interact and collaborate across organisational levels, internally and externally
- Strong written and spoken communications skills
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving capabilities
- Effective participation in cross-functional teams
- Ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated experience with accounting systems
- Strong analytical skills, including proven financial and cost analysis
- Proficency in Microsoft Office, including advanced Excel
- Fluency in written and spoken English, other languages advantageous
- Knowledge of accouting for IT related costs.