PhD Student (Polymer Chemistry and Materials)
- The Adolphe Merkle Institute is an established independent center of competence in the domain of soft nanomaterials associated with the University of Fribourg. AMI prides itself with an unusual blend of fundamental and application-oriented research within a multidisciplinary setting and strives to be a leader in interdisciplinary research in its field.
- We offer a uniquely stimulating interdisciplinary research environment at the interface of materials science, polymer chemistry and biology, state-of-the-art laboratories, excellent working conditions, a competitive salary, and outstanding career prospects.
- As a member of PlaMatSu, the successful candidate will also benefit from a multitude of training opportunities in an international setting, including secondments at leading academic and/or industrial partners.
- The Polymer Chemistry and Materials Group (Prof. Christoph Weder) invites applications for a PhD researcher (m/f) for a project in the domain of bio-inspired polymer nanocomposite membranes.
- The study will involve the development and processing of new nanocomposites, the fabrication of membranes, and the investigation of the physical properties of materials and membranes.
- The position and project are part of the Marie Sk?odowska-Curie Innovative Training Network Plant-inspired Materials and Surfaces – PlaMatSu (www.plamatsu.eu). PlaMatSu brings together plant biologists, polymer scientists and soft matter physicists to explore the cuticle of plant petals and plant leaves and to develop novel bio-inspired materials and surfaces.
- Applicants must have a MSc or equal degree in Chemistry or Materials Science.
- Excellent skills in the domain of polymer science are expected.
- Enthusiasm for top-quality research and good oral and written English communication skills are a must.
- Proficiency in either German or French is an advantage.
- Only candidates who meet the Marie Sk?odowska-Curie mobility rules (see ec.europa.eu/research) can be considered.
Français et/ou Allemand
avec de bonnes connaissances de l'autre langue
Date d'entrée en fonction:
Prof. Christoph Weder or Dr. Barbara Fraygola
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Date limite de réception des offres:
Please send your complete documentation (reference PlaMatSu-Fribourg-4; including letter of motivation, CV, copies of pertinent certificates, and contact details of two references) until 30.10.2016 to: email@example.com, stating the job-ID in the subject line. The successful candidate is expected to start as early as possible.