Lombard Odier Investment Managers (“LOIM”) is part of the Lombard Odier Group. Our asset management teams operate in Geneva, London, New York and Zurich. LOIM has a unique approach, combining the best of alternative and traditional asset management to offer its clients and prospects a diversified range of investment solutions, including a number of new and innovative approaches.
To further strengthen our Legal department, we are looking for a Geneva based:
Your responsibilities will be the following:
Swiss fund formation, amendment and maintenance:
- Drafting and updating prospectuses, constitutional documents, investment management, custody and ancillary documentation;
- Filings and communications with regulator, advising on legal and regulatory changes and generally providing legal support for our Swiss fund management business.
Swiss distribution and legal support to Swiss sales team:
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on distribution agreements and documents relating to the distribution of collective investment funds and services in and from Switzerland;
- Advising on legal and regulatory changes affecting Swiss distribution and generally providing legal support to our Swiss sales team.
Swiss asset management
- Providing legal support for our Swiss asset management business to include drafting and negotiating asset management agreements and related documentation for segregated mandates, advising on Swiss regulatory and legal changes affecting Swiss asset management business and supporting the wider Swiss legal team activities.
- Law Degree followed by the bar exam (desired);
- Up to 3 years of relevant experience gained preferably in a Swiss law firm or legal department of a Swiss financial services business;
- Working knowledge of the Collective Investment Schemes Act, Collective Investment Schemes Ordinance (CISO), CISO-FINMA rules, the FINMA Circulars and SFAMA policies and working documents;
- Working knowledge of relevant rules and regulations applicable to the asset management of institutional mandates, including but not limited to Swiss pension funds regime (the Law on Occupational Retirements, Survivors and Disability Pension Plans and its Ordinance);
- Knowledge and understanding of new and proposed Swiss laws and regulations affecting Swiss asset managers;
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant international laws and regulations affecting the European funds and asset management sector, including MiFID, AIFMD and UCITS;
- You have excellent communication skills in English and French. Knowledge of German is an asset;
- You have strong drafting skills, you pay attention to details and you have good analytical skills.
If you recognize yourself in this description, we look forward to receiving your application (CV, cover letter) which will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
REF: JCP / 402