Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
You will join our new and exciting Innovation Team based in our research hub in Le Lieu. Under the supervision of the Innovation manager, and in collaboration with other talented engineers, you will identify the value we can create for our customers based on the collection and analysis of all types and sources of data, then help formulate the way to execute and drive execution. You will be responsible for analyzing our market dynamics, identifying the areas where existing or new type of data can bring new insights, and help solve customers’ issues in novel manners, and formulate a testing and deployment strategy. We are looking for solid educational background in fundamental mathematics and data science; but most of all for a curious and resilient individual willing to participate to our new endeavours, and develop within Eaton on the long run.
- Keep abreast of technology and standards developments, and act as subject matter expert on data formats and collection, communication means, anonymization technology, innovative business models based on the use of data, algorithms, processing methods, in support of all Bus
- Support the Innovation manager on building business proposals leveraging data (collected internally, or by third parties), to create value for customers through analysis and services
- When needed, take the lead on defining the architecture, algorithms and processing methods
- Contribute directly to the creation of analytics-based value services around the data collected by our Datacenter Automation and Energy Storage offers
- Work with targeted universities and research institutes labs to continuously build our relationship.
Support innovation workshops preparation and actively participate
- Assist the Innovation manager in the deployment of iterative innovation methods (Lean Startup)
- Support the Innovation manager in representing Eaton in the Open Source movement, ensuring we are recognized as a bona fide contributor and keep abreast of opportunities and emerging threats
- Education: PhD in information systems / data science
- Minimum experience: can come straight out of PhD. Post-doc or startup experience a plus
- Expertise in data, its collection, processing, storage, and analysis at scale
- An insatiable curiosity and strong persistence are the main prerequisites for this position
- Experience in working with Academia and partners to bring innovations to markets
- Fluency in English required, with additional two languages preferred
WHAT EATON CAN OFFER:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Great promotional opportunities – Eaton encourages internal promotion, whenever possible
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
Important notice: Candidates applying to this vacancy will be subject to background screening.