Business Development Director
Code of Conduct:
- Each person working in Business Development represents the face of PSI. You are facing both inwards (colleagues) and outwards (customers, vendors, partners). Your image is how PSI will be seen.
- Your position is a position of service. You will serve clients and colleagues. You are not selling to either; you’re solving.
- Belonging to a knowledge-based company, you will be constantly expanding your clinical research knowledge. You will be quick in identifying the changing needs of our customers and alert the organization to them.
- Your professionalism will show in how you see opportunities where others don’t.
- You will know the PSI product inside out and will continuously update your understanding of PSI operational processes. You will know the strengths and weaknesses in PSI’s capabilities and will navigate customers through them.
- Knowing that PSI is highly selective in accepting RFP opportunities, you will be practicing careful triage.
- You will analyze mistakes, learn from them and openly share your learnings with others.
- You will help those needing help and remain humble doing that.
- You will strive for excellence in everything you do. You will not settle for less. You’re here because you want to push yourself outside of your comfort zone, make a difference and grow, not because you are looking for comfort.
- You will assume responsibility for your life at PSI. You will not judge or complain without offering a solution that involves your participation.
- You will be willing to grow and develop and, therefore, be open to feedback. You will give feedback too: to peers, reports and managers.
- You will continuously work on your communication skills. You will work on your writing, because this too is the face of PSI. You will read a lot, because only judicious reading polishes writing skills.
- You will take responsibility for the life of your ideas, knowing that ideas without action are mere regrets.
- You will make creativity a way of operating, because your role at PSI is about creating new business, thus co-creating the company.
- Excellent communication skills, listening, writing, oral and non-verbal.
- Educational background and/or related experience in the treatment of human diseases to understand protocols and speak knowledgeably with clients
- Significant operational knowledge of the clinical trial process
- 3-5 years of business development experience in the clinical CRO sales or operations
- Understand the needs of the pharma and biotech community in your territory, qualify them as to how PSI’s product matches those needs;
- Educate the pharma and biotech community about PSI and develop clinical trial opportunities according to the company’s sales strategy;
- Lead strategy and planning to develop effective proposals that offer meaningful suggestions on clinical, medical regulatory and logistical feasibility, geography, standards of care and specific protocol challenges
- Via consultative selling, lead the development of new business employing the company’s internal resources.
- Lead client through study start up process until contract or LOI signature. Formally transfer project to Operations. Remain responsible for account management.
- Maintain up-to-date client and project records in specified database.
- Attend industry shows, set up meetings at shows, and perform follow-up with potential clients.
- Act as a liaison between customers and operational staff on an as needed basis.
- Evaluate existing client satisfaction on a regular basis.
- Report to management on on-going client activities.
- Be flexible in order to meet changing needs.
- Deliver on a sales goal.
Please send your CVs and descriptive cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. A self-made video (nothing fancy) will be highly appreciated. We thank you for your consideration and look forward to connecting.