Artwork Development Proofreader
Merck is a leading science and technology company in healthcare, life science and performance materials. Around 50,000 employees in 67 countries work to further develop technologies that improve and enhance life – from biopharmaceutical therapies to treat cancer or multiple sclerosis, cutting-edge systems for scientific research and production, to liquid crystals for smartphones and LCD televisions.
The Artwork Development Proofreader is responsible for checking the artwork design against Merck guidelines and standards. He/She ensure that regulatory and technical request have been implemented. His/her role is to ensure that Artwork Design is managed optimally to reduce number of loops and to avoid Quality issue due to Artwork.
- Proofreading of all relevant printed packaging artwork for style, consistency and appropriate content, as defined by Merck brand and guidelines, for Latin and non-Latin languages
- Ensure the ongoing high quality, accuracy and stylistic consistency of all artwork according to technical drawings and material guideline
- Checking final executed materials versus the previous approved version by using comparison tools reports: Identify missing changes
- Communicate in a timely and effective manner to resolve questions and to ensure that errors are properly corrected
- Proactively participate in quality improvement activities (SOP’s, Working Instructions and Checklists)
- Collaboration with Artwork Development Quality & Process responsible to manage deviations, change control, complaints, investigations, Corrective Actions Preventive Actions (CAPA) plans.
- Responsible to maintain proofreading reporting.
- Academic Degree (bachelor minimum) in natural or applied sciences and/or Business Administration
- Fluent in English and French or German (written and verbal communication)
- Knowledge of Design software (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign), Adobe Acrobat
- Knowledge of comparison tools
- Good knowledge or experience in pharmaceutical packaging / packaging incoming control, especially in terms of technical requirements
- Knowledge of packaging manufacturing and/or packaging development process
- Knowledge of GMP including documentation and quality management (deviation, CAPA, change control)
- Make it Happen mindset, able to keep the deadline and to go for the one extra step when required.
- Demonstrated ability to work in international, multi-cultural teams
What we offer:Your possibilities to develop in our growing company are just as manifold as our product portfolio. We offer a modern and international working environment to unleash your innovative potential in diverse teams, and take responsibility for our employees, products, the environment and society.
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2merck.com