This international role is within our Power Grids High Voltage division and specifically concentrates on our Gas Insulated Switchgears (GIS). Your overall objective is to harmonize production quality and testing processes and improve the first-pass yield in a matrix organization, globally, across 8 sites. Your responsibility is a mix of quality assurance, electrical and mechanical testing on GIS, travelling between the sites as well as training and coaching. This is a hands on, practical role where the ability to influence others, across a wide range of cultures and levels, will be essential for success. Changing mindsets cross-divisionally and interculturally, up to the senior management, is daily fare. This career opportunity gives you a high level of diversity and responsibility letting you deploy all your acquired knowledge.
• Defining production quality methods and product testing (mechanical, gas tightness and electrical tests) in the Competence Center and Product Group of Gas Insulated Switchgears according to lean principles
• Creating and updating a roadmap of deliverables in the area of Production Quality and Testing
• Development of production methods to enhance global quality and efficiency
• Driving standardization (harmonization) across the product portfolio of product testing
• Leading the Production Quality and Testing Expert Community (no direct reports)
• Training and coaching of local and global managers and teams
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering (University / ETH)
• Min. 5 years of Mechanical and Electrical Testing experience
• Min. 5 years of Quality Assurance experience in a similar working environment
• Fluent in English, German and Chinese is an asset
• Experience with 6-Sigma, P- and D-FMEA, partial discharge, training, Advanced Circuit Breaker Testing & Analyzing System (ACTAS) advantageous
ABB is able to offer you an interesting role within a highly motivated team, together with open communication structures. On the basis of a personal, practice-oriented introduction program, you will be given the opportunity to acquire the confidence needed to work independently as well as be a constructive member of an inclusive team within your assigned area. ABB is also able to provide a wealth of opportunity for personal development once you have completed your introduction period, the aim being to assist you in attaining your career goals. Personalized development programs with targeted training measures will help you to enhance your skills on a continuous basis.
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool. A better world begins with you at www.abb.com/careers
ABB Switzerland Ltd
Talent Acquisition Partner
Phone +41 58 588 56 62
Location:Zürich, Oerlikon,Zurich,SwitzerlandContract type:Regular/PermanentBusiness Unit:Business Unit High Voltage ProductsDate posted:2016-04-26Job function:Process and QualityPublication ID:CH58408144_E1
ABB ( www.abb.com) is a leading global technology company in power and automation that enables utility, industry, and transport & infrastructure customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in roughly 100 countries and employs about 135,000 people, whereof 6.350 in Switzerland. ABB Switzerland Ltd., High Voltage Products, is renowned worldwide as a specialist for power transmission and distribution. Our unit Gas Insulated Switchgears (GIS), based in Zürich-Oerlikon, is active in the development and production of gas insulated switching systems. We ensure the high reliability of our systems by using state-of-the-art development tools and methods.