Are you ready to move from the theoretical knowledge at university and apply it to make a real difference in a company? Do you enjoy interpersonal contact and do you have interdisciplinary interests? Do you want to explore ABB and your future in it? Then our Explorer Trainee Program in Engineering could be right for you. Consider our individually targeted and unique entry opportunity to begin your career with ABB.
Experience the operations of an international company first hand during on-the-job training in three different six-month assignments over the course of 18 months, one of them abroad. Profit from individually targeted possibilities for training and development, professional mentoring by experienced specialists, exposure to executives, and support from the Trainee Program team. Contribute actively to diverse social events and team activities and use the chance to establish a broad network within ABB. Develop your strengths with the help of regular feedback on your performance and clearly established performance objectives. Explore your interests through challenging and impactful assignments that you get to select, and where you are fully integrated into the team. Past assignments include sales, project management, operations, lean manufacturing, supply chain, service, and many more.
- Graduates in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, machine technology, industrial engineering, or a related discipline. Additional experience in business/economics related courses can be plus, but not necessary.
- Graduates from university or applied university are accepted; Master's graduates are preferred. But you only need to finish your studies before the start date 1 April 2017.
- Not more than 1.5 years of professional experience by the start date.
- Excellent knowledge of English; fluency or proficiency in other languages is very advantageous, especially German, but also the other Swiss languages of French, and Italian
- Authorization to work in Switzerland or EU citizenship is strongly preferred
Beyond these requirements and preferences, we strongly value other skills, including:
- Analytical and target-oriented thinking and acting
- Determined and solution-focused personality
- Inquisitive, open-minded, and communicative team player with excellent ability to collaborate
- Strong self-initiative and self-awareness
- Highly adaptable and flexible to different styles, situations, and cultures
- Innovative and creative mindset
ABB is able to offer you an interesting role within a highly motivated team, together with open communication structures. On the basis of a personal, practice-oriented induction program, you will be given the opportunity to acquire the confidence needed to work independently as well as be a constructive member of an inclusive team within your assigned area. ABB is also able to provide a wealth of opportunity for personal development once you have completed your induction period, the aim being to assist you in attaining your career goals. Personalized development programs with targeted training measures will help you to enhance your skills continuously.
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool. These documents can be in English or German.
A better world begins with you at www.abb.com/careers
ABB Switzerland Ltd.
HR Talent Consultant
Phone +41 (0)58 585 58 30
This opening is for 4-5 Trainees for the 1 April 2017 start date. The position will be open for applications through mid of January 2017, but earlier applications are appreciated and recommended. All applicants will receive a notice informing them of their application status at the beginning of February 2017.
Interviews will be held in January, you will be informed by early February if you are invited to the assessment center, which will be held on 13 and 14 February 2017. The in-person, one-day assessment center is required in order to be selected, so please tentatively hold one of the days (you only need to attend one day). Final decisions will be made by 16 February 2017.
Thank you for your interest in ABB and our Explorer Trainee Program!
Location:Baden,Aargau,SwitzerlandContract type:TraineeshipBusiness Unit:NADate posted:2016-10-11Job function:Design and EngineeringPublication ID:CH58334719_E2
ABB ( www.abb.com) is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility, industry, and transport and infrastructure customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in roughly 100 countries and employs about 135,000 people.