We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual for the position of Sales & Tendering Manager Railway. In this position you are responsible for working out tenders for turn-key Railway Power Supply System projects from the early pursuit phase until the final negotiation, contract signing and handover to the execution team. During preparation you will lead an interdisciplinary tendering team which will support you for all technical clarifications and commercial negotiations. For small tenders you will be empowered to conduct all tendering work independently.
- You will take over the lead for assigned tenders, where required with the help of an interdisciplinary support team consisting of engineering, project management, legal, commercial and supply chain management
- You will prepare and ensure on-time and complete technical and commercial tender submittal to the customer, as well as lead the technical and commercial negotiations with customers
- You will develop the sales strategy for tenders by selecting the winning solution, both commercially and technically
- Additionally, you will be responsible for the integration of suppliers' offers, risk evaluation and completeness of tender in multi-national setups
- Furthermore you will be able to develop a network of customer and supplier contacts in order to increase market knowledge and ease future business
- Last but not least you will hand over successful sales projects to project execution and engineering departments
- The basis for your success is a Bachelors degree in electrical engineering or equivalent
- You possess in-depth professional experience and knowledge of substations / power supply systems sales and tendering
- You will convince us with your experience of working with railway system integrators / industrial EPCs and your knowledge of HV/MV /LV technologies
- You are a proactive and self-motivated individual with the ability to work with cross-functional and cross-border teams as well as to cope with a flexible-load environment
- You are happy to travel up to 30% of working time
- You are fluent in English and generally have good communication skills. Knowledge of German and other languages would be advantageous
ABB is able to offer you an interesting role within a highly motivated team, together with open communication structures. On the basis of a personal, practice-oriented introduction program, you will be given the opportunity to acquire the confidence needed to work independently as well as be a constructive member of an inclusive team within your assigned area. ABB is also able to provide a wealth of opportunity for personal development once you have completed your introduction period, the aim being to assist you in attaining your career goals. Personalized development programs with targeted training measures will help you to enhance your skills on a continuous basis.
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool. A better world begins with you at www.abb.com/careers
ABB Switzerland Ltd
Talent Acquisition Partner
Phone +41 58 588 56 38
Location:Baden,Aargau,SwitzerlandContract type:Regular/PermanentBusiness Unit:Business Unit SubstationsDate posted:2016-05-23Job function:SalesPublication ID:CH58666418_E1
ABB ( www.abb.com) is a leading global technology company in power and automation that enables utility, industry, and transport & infrastructure customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in roughly 100 countries and employs about 135.000 people, whereof 6.350 in Switzerland. ABB is one of the leading companies in design, manufacture and installation of High Voltage (HV) Substations and power supply systems for rail, bus and tramways. We offer a wide variety of innovative and reliable products and systems for substations and railway power distribution systems. Our knowledge and experience allows us to deliver the best overall solution to our customers, optimizing costs, reliability and energy efficiency.