This is your chance to tackle exciting challenges in the world of platform software. In your capacity as Development Engineer, you will have a keen eye on the overall system and make a strong contribution to various projects at a cross-departmental and cross-organizational level, the focus being on completing all tasks on time and to the highest possible standard of quality. To thrive in this role, you will require an excellent knowledge of the subject matter as well as highly developed personal skills. We are looking to attract an individual with cultural awareness, a process-oriented approach, a quick intellect, and the desire to go the extra mile.
- Draw up compelling software concepts, conduct detailed studies, analyze requirements, and outline software specifications
- Oversee software design and architecture, including documentation, as well as programming and testing
- Cooperation with BA in analysis of the requirements in addition to Project Coordination/PMO responsibilities
- Handle software configuration management and build processes, in addition to preparing test, release, and user documentation
- Establish and maintain development and test environments and evaluate and select suitable development tools, programming languages, and operating systems
- Conduct experiments and system measurements in lab
- Maintain existing software
- Provide active support as part of project and job planning, in addition to compiling training material
- Solid degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Electronics
- Good understanding of object-oriented analysis, programming, and design
- Expertise relating to C++, C#, and C programming languages as well as Inter-Process Communication protocols
- Proficiency in the use of real-time operating systems (RTOS), field programmable gate arrays (FPGA), microcontrollers, and digital signal processors (DSP)
- Fluent command of English and solid understanding of German, both written and spoken
ABB is able to offer you an interesting role within a highly motivated team, together with open communication structures. On the basis of a personal, practice-oriented introduction program, you will be given the opportunity to acquire the confidence needed to work independently as well as be a constructive member of an inclusive team within your assigned area. ABB is also able to provide a wealth of opportunity for personal development once you have completed your introduction period, the aim being to assist you in attaining your career goals. Personalized development programs with targeted training measures will help you to enhance your skills on a continuous basis.
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool. A better world begins with you at www.abb.com/careers
ABB Switzerland Ltd
Talent Acquisition Partner
Phone +41 58 589 25 77
Location:Turgi,Aargau,SwitzerlandContract type:Regular/PermanentBusiness Unit:Business Unit Power ConversionDate posted:2016-07-21Job function:Design and EngineeringPublication ID:CH58887640_E1
ABB ( www.abb.com) is a leading global technology company in power and automation that enables utility, industry, and transport & infrastructure customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in roughly 100 countries and employs about 135.000 people, whereof 6.350 in Switzerland. ABB is a pioneer and the recognized market leader in the FACTS (flexible alternating current transmission systems) field. Our teams located in Turgi, Switzerland, develop and implement power electronics-based equipment and systems including frequency converter systems in the power range up to 150 MW. These are used by power utilities and industries across applications including static compensation, railway power supply and hydro pumped-storage power plants.