We are looking for a committed and experienced system lead engineer (m/f) for rail vehicle projects, preferably with expertise in power electronics, to strengthen our motivated team at the competence center in Turgi at the earliest possible date.
- Technical Lead and System Engineering for retrofit projects on a vehicle level
- Define and manage functional system requirements and RAMS
- Take responsibility and technical lead for the design of traction chain, electrical systems and subsystems
- Specify components and define/ clarify technical requirements with suppliers
- Prepare technical documentation, specifications and analyzes
- Support our sales department during concept and tender phases
- Act as a reviewer of technical design documents and ensure compliance with customer requirements
- Degree in electrical engineering (FH, HS)
- Strong experience in design of power electronics
- Profound knowledge of traction chain and familiarity with the electrical equipment of rail vehicles desirable
- Project management experience advantageous
- Good command of German and English
- Quick perception with independent, structured, and proactive work style
- Team player with strong communication skills
- Willingness to travel occasionally
ABB is able to offer you an interesting role within a highly motivated team, together with open communication structures. On the basis of a personal, practice-oriented introduction program, you will be given the opportunity to acquire the confidence needed to work independently as well as be a constructive member of an inclusive team within your assigned area. ABB is also able to provide a wealth of opportunity for personal development once you have completed your introduction period, the aim being to assist you in attaining your career goals. Personalized development programs with targeted training measures will help you to enhance your skills on a continuous basis.
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool. A better world begins with you at www.abb.com/careers
ABB Switzerland Ltd
Talent Acquisition Partner
Phone +41 58 589 25 54
Location:Turgi,Aargau,SwitzerlandContract type:Regular/PermanentBusiness Unit:Business Unit Power ConversionDate posted:2016-06-01Job function:Design and EngineeringPublication ID:CH57957774_E4
ABB ( www.abb.com) is a leading global technology company in power and automation that enables utility, industry, and transport & infrastructure customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in roughly 100 countries and employs about 135.000 people, whereof 6.350 in Switzerland. The Local Business Unit ATE at our Turgi site, comprising the units Medium Voltage Drives (ATD), Power Electronics (ATP), and Traction Converters (DMPC-T), employs about 1000 people. In the production areas, assembly is carried out by small-scale production as well as production lines.