For our business unit high voltage components at our site in Zurich, we are looking for a dynamic personality to strengthen us as Area Sales Manager Bushings. Join our sales team which operates internationally and support us with your sound experience in sales as well as with your technical knowledge in the area of high voltage and power engineering.
- Execute sales, acquisition, and marketing activities for an assigned international region to accomplish defined sales budgets
- Handle technical and commercial aspects of offers and projects in close collaboration with clients and internal partners
- Work in close collaboration with ABB colleagues placed locally in the region to increase hit-rate and to grow the sales budget over time
- Clarify risks within projects and follow defined sales processes including risk reviews, as well as compliance and integrity regulation
- Analyzes customer needs and competitor offers through general market information and information provided by local sales.
- Ensures efficient marketing actions (e.g. product launches) and communication to local sales and customers and communicates the value proposition of the products service and packages.
- Capable to advise and take care of clients, especially concerning technical and commercial matters
- Constantly analyze clients’ needs and obtain their feedback
- Hold presentations for clients and participate in trade fairs and seminars
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in electrical, mechanical, material, or process engineering
- At least 3 years’ experience in technical and international sales
- Strong command of English and German, other languages are a plus
- Independent team player with flair for an intercultural way of working
- Willingness to travel regularly for international business trips
ABB is able to offer you an interesting role within a highly motivated team, together with open communication structures. On the basis of a personal, practice-oriented introduction program, you will be given the opportunity to acquire the confidence needed to work independently as well as be a constructive member of an inclusive team within your assigned area. ABB is also able to provide a wealth of opportunity for personal development once you have completed your introduction period, the aim being to assist you in attaining your career goals. Personalized development programs with targeted training measures will help you to enhance your skills on a continuous basis.
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool. A better world begins with you at www.abb.com/careers
ABB Switzerland Ltd
Phone +41 58 585 39 15
Location:Zürich, Altstetten,Zurich,SwitzerlandContract type:Regular/PermanentBusiness Unit:Business Unit TransformersDate posted:2016-10-11Job function:SalesPublication ID:CH57708842_E8
ABB ( www.abb.com) is a leading global technology company in power and automation that enables utility, industry, and transport & infrastructure customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in roughly 100 countries and employs about 135.000 people, whereof 6.350 in Switzerland. LBU / LPG-Text: Our business unit High Voltage Products is the technology leader in design and manufacture of high voltage components. All renowned international companies of the electrical industry active in power generation, transmission and distribution are among our customers. Micafil has a worldwide top position in the two business areas bushings and insulation components.*LI-AD2