In Power Grids High Voltage (PGHV) Competence Center we have a global production network in which we are producing gas insulated switchgears based on lean principles. We need your support to reach the challenging target takt times for mechanical testing. We are 8 members in the competence center OPEX team supporting worldwide 8 units. We are a highly motivated team and we work together towards our goal to create a working and learning global network which is able to tackle the actual dynamic business challenges. Duration of the Internship 6 to 9 months.
- Work in multidisciplinary areas of production, production development, research & development, product care, flow production and lean management
- Reduction of throughput time for mechanical testing to reach the Takt time by improving/developing the tools/method, process and people with the lean principles
- Analyze and understand the actual situation (procedure, time and problems)
- Evaluation of possible solution (possible time, cost, and time needed for implementation)
- Implementation of chosen solution in 2 units
- Documentation about implementation process for later roll out in all units
- Student in mechanical engineering with some electrical engineering background (advanced B.Sc. odr M.Sc.) and available for 6 to 9 months
- Experience in the industrial work environment
- Self-organized team player with ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- An interest in interdisciplinary work and in an international environment
- Fluency in English written and spoken, German as a plus
- Knowledge in KoCoS (ACTAS) would be a plus
ABB is able to offer you an interesting role within a highly motivated team, together with open communication structures. On the basis of a personal, practice-oriented introduction program, you will be given the opportunity to acquire the confidence needed to work independently as well as be a constructive member of an inclusive team within your assigned area.
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool. A better world begins with you at www.abb.com/careers
ABB Switzerland Ltd
Talent Acquisition Partner
Phone +41 58 585 60 47
Location:Zürich, Oerlikon,Zurich,SwitzerlandContract type:InternshipBusiness Unit:Business Unit High Voltage ProductsDate posted:2016-09-15Job function:AdministrativePublication ID:CH58541598_E2
ABB ( www.abb.com) is a leading global technology company in power and automation that enables utility, industry, and transport & infrastructure customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in roughly 100 countries and employs about 135,000 people. In 2014 ABB was again selected as the most attractive employer for engineering students in Switzerland. Start your career at ABB in Switzerland and go to www.abb.ch/karriere or www.facebook.com/ABBCareer to learn more.ABB Switzerland Ltd, High Voltage Products, is renowned worldwide as a specialist for power transmission and distribution. Our unit Gas Insulated Switchgears (GIS), based in Zürich-Oerlikon, is active in the development and production of gas insulated switching systems. We ensure the high reliability of our systems by using state-of-the-art development tools and methods.