Are you a student or fresh business or engineering graduate in the Zurich area? Are you interested in an internship with one of the world-leading power and automation companies, with focus on the Supply Chain and Sourcing functions? In this role, you will have the opportunity to play a key role in the design, execution and implementation of a strategic sourcing project for complex direct material categories at ABB’s global headquarters and be exposed to several internal stakeholders as well as external suppliers. Ideally the assignment would be full time (40 hours per week) but we could consider 80% (32 hours per week). Duration: 3 months, extendable to 6 months
- Execute and implement Requests for Quotations (RFQ) for direct materials (steel) with spend value up to 100M /Year covering: selection of supplier base, demand collection, execution of the RFQ in the e-Sourcing platform, analytical review of commercial offers and negotiation preparation.
- Collect and consolidate volume data and execute data analytics as part of the Steel contracts review process.
- Run ad hoc reports from the ABB spend database to identify cost saving opportunities across the portfolio
- Support initiatives and projects in order to identify and execute additional costs reduction and process optimization
- Participate in supplier negotiations, contract review meetings, contract implementation meetings. Define meeting contents and agendas, contribute to progress-oriented discussions and win-win outcomes. Document meting results, update action plans.
- Assess the sourcing process and templates for other direct materials categories with spend value up to $300M/Year; develop user-friendly tools to analyze offers and perform scenario modelling; develop and implement process of collecting supplier volume information and data analytics.
KEY LEARNING POINTS:
• The ideal candidate will play a key role in the design, execution and implementation of a strategic sourcing project for complex direct material categories.
• Ability to work within a matrix organization using personal influence rather than positional power to achieve results
• High visibility and exposure, high impact on ABB costs and bottom line.
• Direct interaction with external suppliers and internal stakeholders at multiple levels in the organization.
• Exposure to the commodity markets and the metal industry (e.g. cost structure, hedging, supplier integration) providing valuable insights on risk and metal price volatility.
• Ongoing/recently completed University studies in Engineering, Business or a related major
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to work with large and complex datasets and draw conclusions based on this data.
• Dedicated to show a high service orientation and high quality performance
• Excellent communication skills; proficient in business correspondence in English
• University Degree in related field
• Previous experience in strategic sourcing as well in the metals industry an advantage.
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (CV, motivation letter, references) via our online careers tool.
Talent Acquisition Partner, ABB Asea Brown Boveri Ltd
For inquiries (no email applications): firstname.lastname@example.org
A better world begins with you at www.abb.com/careers
Location:Baden,Aargau,SwitzerlandContract type:InternshipBusiness Unit:NADate posted:2016-10-05Job function:Purchasing and Supply ManagementPublication ID:CH59545396_E1
ABB ( www.abb.com) is a leading global technology company in power and automation that enables utility, industry, and transport & infrastructure customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in roughly 100 countries and employs about 135,000 people.*LI-AD2