We are looking to attract an experienced Business Controller who will be responsible for providing financial and controlling expertise within the organization. In this role, your focus will be on compiling and analyzing metrics, identifying key issues, and offering targeted support for the purpose of improving financial performance. Are you a business-savvy individual with a good understanding of R&D processes and the ability to communicate with key stakeholders in this field? Do you combine a commitment to quality with the skills needed to introduce new ideas? Are you proactive in your approach and capable of defining clear guidelines in pursuit of excellence? Join us – make a difference!
- Act as a proactive business partner to the CFO by gathering and summarizing data, drafting intelligible reports, preparing presentations, and submitting analyses and recommendations
- Provide support for project and line managers within an R&D environment, focusing on project controlling and forecasts tailored to the needs of key stakeholders
- Conduct project analyses (vs. budget/forecast), define benchmarks, and draw up action plans for optimization, in addition to overseeing business planning processes for the research center
- Manage financial project reporting of actual figures to local management and to Group function reporting tool
- Ensure processes within defined area of responsibility are designed and implemented in accordance with Group and unit requirements, including proper audit trail and documentation
- Oversee adherence to investment budget and support department and group leaders in preparation of documents required for approval processes, as well as ensuring on-time invoicing
- Degree in Finance and/or Controlling, complemented by at least three to four years’ relevant experience as a controller or in a similar role
- Proficiency in the use of SAP accounting system and MS office, particularly Excel
- Finely honed presentation and communication skills
- Proactive, business-focused personality with well-developed analytical skills
- Highly efficient approach combined with the ability to work in an international environment
- Fluent command of English and German, both written and spoken
ABB is able to offer you an interesting role within a highly motivated team, together with open communication structures. On the basis of a personal, practice-oriented introduction program, you will be given the opportunity to acquire the confidence needed to work independently as well as be a constructive member of an inclusive team within your assigned area. ABB is also able to provide a wealth of opportunity for personal development once you have completed your introduction period, the aim being to assist you in attaining your career goals. Personalized development programs with targeted training measures will help you to enhance your skills on a continuous basis.
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool. A better world begins with you at www.abb.com/careers
ABB Switzerland Ltd
Talent Acquisition Partner
Phone +41 58 585 10 87
Location:Baden-Dättwil,Aargau,SwitzerlandContract type:Regular/PermanentBusiness Unit:NADate posted:2016-10-05Job function:FinancePublication ID:CH59015927_E3
ABB ( www.abb.com) is a leading global technology company in power and automation that enables utility, industry, and transport & infrastructure customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in roughly 100 countries and employs about 135.000 people, whereof 6.350 in Switzerland. ABB Corporate Research, in close collaboration with varied ABB business areas, is developing the foundations for the next generation of ABB products. In Switzerland, ABB Corporate Research, located in the proximity of Zurich, employs 220 scientists from over 40 countries with expertise in automation and power technologies for manufacturing, consumer and process industries as well as power utilities.