Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
UNOPS supports the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices, always satisfying or surpassing our partners’ expectations.
With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, wherever they need it.A flexible structure and global reach means that we can quickly respond to our partners' needs, while offering the benefits of economies of scale.
The Finance Assistant will work under the direct supervision of the Financial Management Officer to assist and support Stop TB Units with financial matters. The individual is primarily responsible to support carrying out of administrative aspects relating to the finance functions of the Partnership:
- Assists in finalizing budgets for grant proposals developed by functional units.
- Assist the Financial Management Officer in checking the draft grant agreements highlighting changes, if any, on financial matters, prior to countersigning by Executive Secretary.
- Ensures that contributions received by UNOPS for (Tuberculosis
programme) TBP are recorded in the income control system of TBP and track it in the UNOPS Budget system.
- Follows up on preparation of financial report to donors.
- Monitors and updates a database of contributions received/receivable and maintains files of agreements and related documents.
Expenditure Control and management:
- Checks obligating documents submitted by functional units to ensure charging of obligations to correct project IDs and donors.
- Checks payment request to ensure they correspond to previously established obligations in the Atlas system of UNOPS.
- Prepares monthly expenditure reports of TBP and report budget over-runs.
- Prepares obligating documents for certification and onward transmission to UNOPS.
- Prepares periodic expenditure reports from UNOPS system in consultation with UNOPS finance focal points.
Budget preparation and monitoring:
- Under the guidance of the Financial Management Officer, assists in the the coordination and finalization of the annual Budget.
- Finalizes the budget in the format suited for the Coordinating Board meeting for its approval.
- Generate reports using oneUNOPS ERP system to reviews and highlight negative balances on activity allotment for Financial Management Officer for further and necessary action.
- Prepares an age list of unliquidated obligations and agrees action on these with supervisor.
- Liaises with UNOPS Finance focal point for clarifications and specific advice on budgets, obligating arrangements and payments.
- Applies TBP finance specific SOPs and guides staff on financial rules and procedures as set out in the SOPs.
- Assists in the preparation of draft financial reports as required by donors regarding expenditures incurred against the contributions received.
- Maintain the TBP obligations and payments control register and submits request for reversing charges on a monthly basis. Prepares monthly reconciliation reports on the entries in the control register.
- Perform other finance related duties as required or instructed, including providing support to other areas of work.
Secondary education/High school diploma is required.
A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferably in Finance or other related discipline will be considered a strong asset and may substitute for some of the required years of experience.
5 years’ experience in finance - ideally in an international organization company or non profit organizations
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns.
Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.