Senior Underwriter Construction (w/m)
Enthusiasm?«It takes skill and passion to achieve
Donat Laemmle | HR Business Partner
Helvetia is seeking a Senior Underwriter Construction (w/m).
Helvetia is an all-lines insurance company offering comprehensive insurance and pension services. Trust, dynamism and enthusiasm are important values in management and cooperation within Helvetia.
The Specialty Markets business unit of Helvetia Insurance has seen successful development.
Your area of responsibility comprises the following activities in selected markets:
- Acquiring and underwriting of large construction accounts
- Generating new contacts to cedents and brokers
- Managing allocated existing book of business
- Negotiating terms and conditions with brokers and clients
- Attenting national and international client and broker meetings with visits and site inspections where necessary
- Closely working within the underwriting team and other international internal teams
- Cooperating closely with the claims deparment for large and complex claims
What we expect of you:
- Recognized university degree in engineering (ETH/FH)
- A further commercial qualification (MBA) is a benefit
- Several years of experience in underwriting with knowledge about the construction area
- Industry work experience in construction in sales or technical position
- Strong negociation skills
- Open minded teamplayer
- Fluent in English and German, other languages would be an asset
- Problem solving, result oriented work attitude
- Working independently and reliably under pressure
Place of work
region BaselType of contract
If you have any technical questions Harald Scheer, Head Underwriting Construction, will be pleased to hear from you on telephone
+41 58 280 25 79
Pleas send us your application online.
12 reasons for Helvetia as employer:
Yout Swiss Insurance.