Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Strategic Program Manager EMEA
Work Area:Consulting and Professional Services
Expected Travel:0 - 90%
Employment Type:Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
Digital Business Services EMEA
The Digital Business Services EMEA (DBS EMEA) organization helps customers to solve and reduce complexity by integrating SAP’s innovations faster and simpler. As a trusted partner, we provide high value support and services to help customer’s digital transformation of their business and simplify the end-to-end solution landscape. By driving the adoption and digital transformation to the SAP cloud powered by HANA we enable our customers and ourselves to innovate the business. We ensure their digital transformation by delivery of high quality products and solutions that exceed customer expectations leading to unrivalled customer satisfaction. With more than 20,000 experienced consultants and support professionals focused on reducing complexity, we help our customers Run Simple.
Strategic Program Management Services EMEA
Strategic Program Management Services EMEA (SPMS EMEA) is a regional team of Strategic Program Managers and Delivery Executives with the purpose of managing the key and strategic SAP customer engagements in Europe, Middle East and Africa. The team key offerings are: 1) support of complex end-to-end GSS bid processes, 2) management of complex strategic programs, 3) performing Service & Support Lead roles at SAP’s strategic and platinum EMEA customers, 4) recovery and troubleshooting of troubled programs and 5) providing program management expertise on demand. The role has a solid LoS reporting line to Sergej Trisic, Head of SPMS EMEA and a relevant reporting line to the project owners or sponsors in the market unit, regionally and/or globally.
The Strategic Program Manager EMEA is managing digital transformation of our customers by delivering strategic complex programs and multiple inter-related projects within a given business strategy to the desired program results. The Strategic Program Manager EMEA has the qualification and business acumen typically to manage multiple large scale, high risk, projects, programs and engagements that span organizational and national boundaries including multiple business units and multiple service partners/vendors.
They ensure effective project oversight, engagement, program and project reviews to affect customer success and serve as a mentor to project managers. They are able to manage complex contractual constructs with multiple SOW. Typically SAP is a prime contractor with involvement of several subcontractors and SAP LoS such as Global Services and Support, Global Consulting Delivery, Custom Development, SLO, Cloud Delivery (including HEC) and others.
They reinforce enterprise knowledge management through the communication of engagement and program lessons learned and best management practices development. There are several key types of engagements, which program managers lead:
• support to pre-sale and set up of large and complex engagements or project portfolios at large accounts (typically at SCP and platinum accounts), strategic projects and ramp-up projects
• large and complex engagements and programs
• recovery of troubled engagements and programs
• act as a services and support lead or a trusted advisor to customer’s C-level executives at strategic accounts.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
Sales, Opportunity, and Bid Management
• Oversee and lead the development of proposals, tenders, and or responses to requests for proposals associated with the program in order to win new deals while minimising the risks.
• Establish and maintain credible relationship with senior customer buyers and form joint plan of action with sales (GCO) colleagues.
• Lead scoping, estimating, resourcing, scheduling activities of the engagement through the opportunity lifecycle
• Defining appropriate delivery model for customer project as a composition of pre-defined services, on-site and/or remote delivery – including Max Attention Next Generation (and other PE engagements)
• Assess, document, communicate and mage risks of the engagement
• Position SAP Activate as delivery methodology
• Work closely with the customer, our partners (ecosystem) and internal organisations such as Sales, GCO, GSS, CDP, BTS, Education, Cloud Services, Solutioning Centre
• Set-up and deliver Premium Engagement services under the MaxAttetion Next Generation Agreement.
• Set-up and maintain value partnership (by using BTS services) in order to support client’s business case and benefits model.
• Ensure good fit and balanced of the risk portfolio of new opportunities combined with ongoing delivery projects
• Manage and engagement, project or complex program end to end across all key processes (initiating, planning, executing, controlling and closing) and all key PM domains
• Oversee the delivery of multiple projects related to successful engagement or program execution.
• Set-up and maintain the Governance Model with PMO over the entire lifecycle of the program.
• Translate generalized customer business goals and objectives into concrete strategy and tactical delivery plans for the engagement or program.
• Own the engagement and program plan and be responsible for delivery of its major elements including program’s business objectives, scope and solution within quality criteria, on time and budget.
• Execution of the program plan and ownership of program success in front of SAP leadership team including customer and partner satisfaction, SAPs program finances, resources, SAP’s intellectual capital etc.
• Evaluate complex situations accurately and identify viable solutions that create successful outcome for the customer and SAP.
• Active risk, issue, scope, resource, financial and quality management of all key engagement elements.
• Assurance of active executive sponsorship at client, partner and SAP side,
• Work closely with the Program Sponsors and Program Review Boards to facilitate decisions necessary for program delivery.
• Build proactive formal and informal communication/relationship with key stakeholders
• Resolve political, resource, budgeting, change and legal issues affecting the program.
• Contract management in relation to client, SAP internally, subcontractors and suppliers (including, contracting, work with procurement, internal organizations, contract change management etc.) jointly with SAM, legal, contact and negotiation and sales colleagues,
• Proactively manage program stakeholder satisfaction to position and secure customer reference and success story.
• Ensure appropriate multiple SAP LoS such as PE, GCD, BTS, Cloud Services, CD, and Education to maximize value for the client and cross-sell SAP Services and Products.
• Interface with internal functions (DPO/PMO, controlling, GRC, MCC, ICC, etc.) to ensure visibility and transparency of results.
Coaching & Mentoring
• Serve as mentor / advisor / decision-maker to project managers and other practitioners for the management topics.
• Occasionally take responsibility and supports respective line manager(s) in people development tasks by acting as a buddy, a coach or a mentor to junior colleagues, newcomers and others.
• Maintain program documentation and updates; create and analyse lessons learned and actively share with the Program Management Practice for use in future programs.
• Organize knowledge capturing activities at programs and ensure retention on high quality intellectual capital for GSS knowledge managers.
• Participate in the development of project / program management best practices, examples, templates and SAP’s Program Management Methodology
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Education, Trainings and Qualifications
• Required undergraduate university degree, preferably in commerce, engineering, information technologies or equivalent training and job experience
• Master’s degree, preferably in commerce, engineering, information technologies or MBA is an asset
• PMP or PgMP certification and /or other industry and project management certifications is desirable
• Formal trainings in project and program management, agile project management, SAP methodologies (A2O, ASAP or Activate)
• Being able to actively use SAP tools (Solution Manager, PEM, PtD or RM@FS) or other similar tools
• Good understanding of the latest SAP innovation topics such as Business Transformation, Digital Economy, in-memory computing, cloud and Internet Of Things
Required skills and competencies
• 5 – 10 years of project management experience in large scale, high risk, or strategic projects/program.
• 3 – 5 years of supervisory or coaching experience in teambuilding and leading teams.
• Demonstrated experience leading cross functional teams within a formalized methodology.
• LoB or LoS management experience of small and medium size team is desirable
• P&L of LoB experience is desirable
• Experience in managing project P&L in cross-LoB delivery of SAP engagement
• Experience in managing international consultancy is desirable
• strong leadership, people and stakeholder management skills and competencies
• leading in matrix organization and without formal authority
• solid experience in international implementation experience is a must
• multicultural sensitivity and work in international environment and with global clients
• English: Fluent
• Other languages: desirable
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.comor Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: firstname.lastname@example.org). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Additional Locations: No Selection
Job Segment:Program Manager, ERP, Consulting, Engineer, Cloud, Management, Technology, Engineering