Solutions Architect - Telecommunications
Solutions Architect - Telecommunications
Job ID 51713
Location CH- Zurich
Posting date 7/19/2016
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Sales team is looking for a Solutions Architect for the telecommunications (Telco) vertical. In this role, you will support the Telco sales teams as they promote our business with Telcos and network functions virtualization (NFV) infrastructure by engaging, meeting, and demonstrating to Telco customers how Red Hat solutions meet their needs. You will collaborate with the local Telco business development team account managers, as well as solutions and domain architects to define plans, tactics, and strategies that support customers with solutions applied to Telco and NFV. As a Solutions Architect, you'll support opportunities for Telco and NFV, including presenting Red Hat products and technologies to Telco partners and customers, delivering blueprints, RFI and RFP responses, and hands-on proof of concepts, as well as project scoping and presenting project deliveries.
Primary job responsibilities
- Educate, enable, and support our Pre-sales and Architect team partners on Telco-specific technologies and concepts to develop and deliver the Red Hat message and value proposition to the Telco market
- Partner with local team to address Telco customers and partners and their technical network teams; work with the Sales team to gain market share
- Work with the ecosystem to position Red Hat as a key strategic vendor for Telco and NFV infrastructures, e.g. Independent Software Vendors (ISVs), Network Equipment Providers (NEPs), Telcos, cloud providers, integrators, and hardware vendors
- Deliver expert-level presentations and demonstrations for Red Hat solutions in the context of Telco IT operations teams and networks
- Communicate and team with Red Hat Product and Technology (PnT) product managers, product marketing managers, and engineers, as well as the global Corporate Telco team
- Propose solutions based on customer requirements and deliver solid business cases
- Design value-driven architectures and present the application and return on investment of those technologies
- Deliver compelling recommendations and quality solutions that result in the closing of new sales
- Use your skills as a technical solutions expert and your understanding of industry best practices to deliver timely results to customers that exceed their expectations
- Extensive experience working in or with the Telco industry, including NEPs and operators
- Industry and market insight, with a good understanding of current, new, and future technologies
- Experience promoting and implementing technology and architecture for Telco infrastructures and engineering
- Understanding of the existing and new technologies used by the Telco industries; solid understanding of different network functions
- Knowledge of IT technologies; hands-on experience with technologies used for NVF, e.g. VMware, KVM, Red Hat OpenStack Platform, or Linux
- Advanced knowledge of Operations Support Systems (OSS), Business Support Systems (BSS), and Business Process Framework (eTOM); Information Framework (SID) and TAM knowledge is a plus
- Familiarity with the language used in the Teclo industry related carrier grade with solid relationships and trusted status in the Telco market
- German, English, and French language skills are a major plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Interested in this job?
Apply for this job onlineApply