Associate Project Manager - Technical
Associate Project Manager - Technical
Job ID 54306
Location CH- Zurich
Posting date 10/7/2016
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Services team is looking for an Associate Project Manager. In this role, you will support the delivery of our consulting solutions while providing project support and acting as a direct project manager, depending on the size and complexity of the engagement. You'll ensure all processes, approvals, and system tools are accurately maintained, and identify and design improved efficiency within the day-to-day operations of the Services team. You will communicate with and manage key relationships with teams like Finance, Sales, and Resourcing. As an Associate Project Manager, you'll also manage all customer-facing activities like project scheduling, logistics, coordination, tracking, and monitoring, and collaborate with various finance departments on customer issues to solve project issues around time reporting, invoicing, and revenue recognition. We'll need you to become project manager certified to ensure all projects are delivered successfully.
Primary job responsibilities
- Provide billable project management to selected projects within the Consulting team
- Perform data management and analysis
- Support monthly and quarterly revenue reconciliation
- Provide both regular and ad-hoc reporting around KPIs like backlog, GAP, submitted projects, consulting hours, regional dashboards, etc.
- Review customer satisfaction reports and identify those failing to meet the required standards
- Provide project administration (inbound) and project management (outbound)
- Set up and maintain projects using the internal PSA tool
- Interact with the Project Accounting team to ensure correct Oracle setup, data validation, and revenue recognition on projects
- Monitor and approve consultants' time cards, signed time sheets, and project-related expense reports
- Gather all relevant project documentation like milestone acceptances, and ensure it is uploaded to the appropriate repository
- Provide input for improvement and optimization of process and system efficiency; promote and train standardized processes to key teams
- Provide service sales support; review and track service opportunities
- Provide service contractual support like amendments and redemption forms
- Be familiar with all systems and tools used by Red Hat Services
- Take on additional responsibilities with customer-facing project management activities over time as Red Hat scales
- Familiarity with project management fundamentals and ideally certified in one of the following: Prince 2, ITIL, or PMI
- Excellent interpersonal communication, teamwork, and time management skills
- Familiarity with contractual and financial concepts and terms
- Understanding of professional services automation software
- Customer service experience
- Experience with intercultural business environments
- English language skills; German language skills are a plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Interested in this job?
Apply for this job onlineApply