US Tax & Global Mobility Manager
Go further – broaden your perspective
We help you build a tailor-made career to suit you as an individual, with targeted on- and off-the-job coaching and training to help you grow on a personal and professional level. You'll be part of a global network of 208,000 specialists, including 2,700 colleagues in Switzerland. You'll work with the best teams to add value for our clients on challenging national and international projects in the areas of assurance, tax and legal advice and consulting.
US Tax & Global Mobility Manager
What you can expect from us.
- You will be working in an international, fast paste environment.
- You will have a multifaceted job with a dual responsibility in our global mobility practice: your primary responsibility will consist in leading and supporting our team of US tax specialists; your secondary responsibility will be to manage large, multinational global mobility accounts for international companies headquartered in Switzerland.
- You will advise clients on international assignment policies, including tax equalization policies, the use of secondment agreements, and possible PE exposure.
- You will manage various team members of varying skill levels including coaching more junior team members to advance within our organization.
- You will ensure the proper budgeting and allocation of work across local and outsourced team members.
- You will write technical memos (in English) on a variety of individual, estate, and gift tax matters including, but not limited to, tax efficient planning for clients and responding to various IRS correspondence.
- You will resolve a variety of challenging client issues while continuously providing potential solutions to clients, on a proactive basis, to address the changing landscape of global mobility.
What we expect from you.
- You have a university degree and you are in possession of a valid and current Certified Public Accounting license.
- You have a minimum of 8 years experience in a Big 4 or a public accounting firm.
- You have a deep technical knowledge of the US tax system and are experienced with US partnership and LLC returns in addition to individual income and gift tax returns.
- You have extensive technical knowledge in global mobility planning, taxations for individuals on international assignments including double-taxation treaties, totalization agreements, and the accurate reporting, as well as withholding requirements for US compensation for individuals working abroad.
- You have experience and knowledge of US requirements under FATCA for taxpayers' compliance with non-Swiss financial accounts and asset reporting, as well as available remediation efforts for incidents of non-compliance.
- You have proven experience on large international mandates with global compensation review, tax accruals, assignment cost projections, gross up calculations, and hypothetical tax calculations.
- You are fluent in English (proficiency level) with excellent verbal and written communications skills, which includes the ability to present information clearly and concisely
- You have a positive "can do" attitude to challenges and the agility to multitask effectively across competing priorities.
- You have a consulting and team oriented mind set and take on responsibility for your projects.
This is the deal: We offer you a lot, and expect plenty in return.
We look forward to receiving your online application
You can find more information about the application process and about joining PwC on www.pwc.ch/careers.
PwC, Elisabeth Ziller, phone 058 792 19 04
Line of service: Tax & Legal
Starting date: to be discussed