Our client is a leading industry worldwide well known. For the offices based in Ticino we are looking for a:
Being part of the Procurement Department, the successful candidate should demonstrate the ability to work in a collaborative, team oriented environment.
In this role he/she will provide support and assistance to the Procurement Department in the following activities:
- Conduct research to secure the best materials and suppliers in terms of quality cost effectiveness and delivery schedules;
- Maintain a constant check on stock levels;
- Establish and maintain high standards of relationships with suppliers to realize most cost-effective and favorable services.
- Identify potential suppliers, visit existing suppliers and plantations, to build and maintain steady relationships with them;
- Issue purchase orders and track their progress along with the ERP system, ;
- Process payments and invoices and check other departments’ invoices according to internal procedures
- Provide monthly reports of the departmental activities and ongoing projects to the Procurement Manager;
- Manage all documents, customs paperwork for inbound and outbound raw materials deliveries;
- Maintain price, sample and orders’ advancement files,
- Act as a back up to the Procurement Manager and supervise the entire department’s activities.
- Assist the Procurement Manager with all botanical and technical issues (plantations, pesticides, etc.)
- Manage claims against suppliers;
- Negotiating to receive best pricing at a requested quality level; Negotiate best pricing at a required quality level
- Coordinate the application of the correct purchasing procedures throughout the company’s departments
- Attend meetings and Trade Conferences
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Botany or Agronomy
- Preferably up to 3 years of relevant experience. International business experience will be considered a plus.
- Fluent in English and French (written and spoken). Knowledge of German is preferred.
- Self-driven; committed; results oriented; hands on approach; can work independently: motivated with the desire to progress internally.
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills
- Prepared to travel up to 30% of the time
If your experience matches the requirements indicated above, you may apply for position by sending your application to email@example.com.