Data Services Center Architect (LOCATIONS Boston, Deerfield, Konstanz, Osaka, Tokyo & Zurich)
Data Services Center Architect (LOCATIONS: Boston, Deerfield, Konstanz, Osaka, Tokyo & Zurich)
Apply NowJob ID1602274Date posted10/05/2016LocationCambridge, Massachusetts, United States; Deerfield, Illinois, United States; Zurich, Switzerland; Tokyo, Japan; Ōsaka, Japan; Konstanz, Baden-Württemberg, Germany;
More than 30,000 Takeda employees working in more than 70 countries are committed to improving quality of life for patients, who remain at the center of everything we do. As a global, research and development-driven pharmaceutical company, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited conducts R&D both internally and with external partners to translate science into life-changing medicines. Takeda focuses on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology and central nervous system, plus vaccines. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in Emerging Markets, fuel our growth.
While Takeda is enjoying tremendous growth as an emerging global leader in the pharmaceutical industry, we remain ever mindful of our commitment to serve people worldwide by striving toward better health through leading innovation in medicine. In short, we are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
- Serves as domain expert and principal designer for major infrastructure within area of specialization.
- Develops the strategic vision with IT Management for area of responsibility.
Analyses the current IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and researches/evaluates alternative solutions while weighing costs, efficiencies, and industry best practices to provide recommended solution within area of responsibility.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Bachelor’s degree and five years IT experience, or High School Diploma and seven years of IT experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with infrastructure, systems, applications or services within area of responsibility
- Excellent communication skills with ability to explain technical concepts to lay audiences. Experience of with working with board level stakeholders.
- Strong critical thinker with problem solving aptitude
- Experienced cross-team leader to ensure successful delivery of solutions
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills - demonstrating outside-the-box problem solving skills
- Strong experience of developing Services Orientated Architectures (SOA)
- Excellent knowledge of Enterprise Architecture methodologies such as TOGAF or the equivalent
- Deep knowledge of technology in their domain area
Ability to write and speak in the English language
- Strategic thinker with strong background and demonstrated expertise in data center technologies including (but not limited to) server/compute, hybrid cloud, storage, networking, virtualization, databases, and operating systems.
- Ability to architect, articulate (to different stakeholders), and help guide the implementation of complex infrastructure solutions spanning multiple technologies per global roadmaps and strategies.
- Experience designing fit-for-purpose systems for high availability and disaster recovery.
- Ability to translate business and technical requirements into infrastructure design considerations.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision while displaying proven ability to prioritize and manage competing demands and tasks and successfully manage multiple engagements that may require additional resources.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to think outside the box and master new technologies and skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or information systems is preferred
- 3+ years in a Data Center Architect type role in a global environment would be ideal.
- Deep understanding of database design, implementation and operations (Oracle/MSSQL), including high availability and disaster recovery techniques is desirable (though not required).
- Deep understanding of high performance storage technology (EMC/HDS/NetApp), systems, and storage area networks in large complex configurations is highly desirable (though not required).
- Advanced level experience with VMware vSphere, View, vCloud Director, vRealize Suite, or relevant cloud management products and deep experience in designing complex virtual infrastructure solutions in a mid-to-large scale data center environment is desired (though not required)
- Deep understanding of High Performance Computing and/or GRID computing in a Life Sciences R&D setting is desirable (though not required).
- Ability to provide expert strategic advice for cloud application development/deployment, designing a private cloud infrastructure, private versus public cloud options, virtualization, containerization, and DevOps while working with 3rd party cloud providers including Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, etc. a plus (though not required).
- Certifications in data center areas of technology (e.g. cloud architecture, VCP-vSphere, etc) a plus
- ITILv3 accreditation is a plus but not required
- Strong working knowledge of network security concepts, policies and technologies.
- Pharmaceutical IT infrastructure support with system validation processes experience desired
- Experience implementing and supporting data center services and infrastructure in a large, complex, global enterprise environment or equivalent strongly desired.
- Previous experience with infrastructure support outsourcing and/or vendor management strongly desired.
- Experience with the following technologies: AWS/Azure cloud, VMware vSphere/vCenter/Site Recovery Manager, EMC/HDS/Isilon/NetApp Storage Platforms, CIFS/SMB/NFS, Switch Fabrics, Oracle/MSSQL Database Platforms, Windows/Linux/Solaris Operating Systems, Active Directory, DNS, Aspera Faspex, Symantec Netbackup, Symantec Cluster Server, HP Blade, VCE Vblock.
Formal qualification in Enterprise Architecture (e.g. TOGAF or equivalent)
we are driven to improve people's lives
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.