Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Job ID 197136BR Position Title Senior Counsel IP Litigation & Oppositions Division ALCON Business Unit LEGAL AL Country Switzerland Work Location Geneva Company/Legal Entity Alcon Management SA Functional Area Legal & Intellectual Property & Compliance Job Type Full Time Employment Type Regular Job Description You will be managing IP litigation, patent oppositions, and other IP-related activities for Alcon within EMEA, Asia and JP. Advising and acting as a strategic partner with the business with respect to IP-related activities. Contributing to the development of operational and strategic objectives within Alcon and across other Novartis divisions.
Including but not limited to:
• Managing patent litigation and opposition activities for EMEA, Asia, and JP, including developing and implementing global patent litigation strategies in close alignment with global and local legal and business partners;
• Timely seeking necessary internal approvals needed before enforcement of IP rights;
• Managing patent litigation costs and budget of selected litigation project(s);
• Seamless cooperation with product attorneys, including in the development of patent litigation and prosecution strategies and the drafting of associated filings;
• Regular reporting on litigation strategy and status to all key stakeholders (e.g., respective business partners, regional legal heads, Head of IP Litigation, Head Global IP, and Group IP Legal);
• Coaching colleagues to improve litigation and patent expertise within Alcon IP;
• Acting as a strategic partner to the business, and creating/supporting implementation of IP strategies to strengthen the business;
• Building relationships with, and counselling, senior Business Partners on complex and high value/impact IP-related matters;
• Championing quality and operational excellence within Alcon;
• Contributing to, and leading, implementation of Alcon and cross-divisional IP policies, guidelines and objectives; and
• Continuously developing personal and professional skills, and contributing to IP education of colleagues and clients.
Integrity and compliance
• Works within Integrity and Compliance policies and counsels those around him/her do the same.
• Works to foster a diverse and inclusive environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment.
Minimum requirements • Scientific Degree BA, BSc, PhD or equivalent in relevant subject (Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmacy or Biology);
• In Europe – Admission to practice as a National and/or European Patent Attorney; or long-term experience in IP litigation; and/or
• In US – Law degree (J.D. or L.L.B.) and admission to practice as a US Registered Patent Attorney or equally experienced.
• Fluency in English essential,
• 5-8 years of post-qualification legal experience;
• Several years’ experience in patent conflict matters, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry.
Experience in cross-functional working.