Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Job ID197136BRPosition TitleSenior Counsel IP Litigation & OppositionsDivisionALCONBusiness UnitLEGAL ALCountrySwitzerlandWork LocationGenevaCompany/Legal EntityAlcon Management SAFunctional AreaLegal & Intellectual Property & ComplianceJob TypeFull TimeEmployment TypeRegularJob DescriptionYou will be managing IP litigation, patent oppositions, and other IP-related activities for Alcon within EMEA, Asia and JP. Advising and acting as a strategic partner with the business with respect to IP-related activities. Contributing to the development of operational and strategic objectives within Alcon and across other Novartis divisions.
Including but not limited to:
• Managing patent litigation and opposition activities for EMEA, Asia, and JP, including developing and implementing global patent litigation strategies in close alignment with global and local legal and business partners;
• Timely seeking necessary internal approvals needed before enforcement of IP rights;
• Managing patent litigation costs and budget of selected litigation project(s);
• Seamless cooperation with product attorneys, including in the development of patent litigation and prosecution strategies and the drafting of associated filings;
• Regular reporting on litigation strategy and status to all key stakeholders (e.g., respective business partners, regional legal heads, Head of IP Litigation, Head Global IP, and Group IP Legal);
• Coaching colleagues to improve litigation and patent expertise within Alcon IP;
• Acting as a strategic partner to the business, and creating/supporting implementation of IP strategies to strengthen the business;
• Building relationships with, and counselling, senior Business Partners on complex and high value/impact IP-related matters;
• Championing quality and operational excellence within Alcon;
• Contributing to, and leading, implementation of Alcon and cross-divisional IP policies, guidelines and objectives; and
• Continuously developing personal and professional skills, and contributing to IP education of colleagues and clients.
Integrity and compliance
• Works within Integrity and Compliance policies and counsels those around him/her do the same.
• Works to foster a diverse and inclusive environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment.
Minimum requirements• Scientific Degree BA, BSc, PhD or equivalent in relevant subject (Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmacy or Biology);
• In Europe – Admission to practice as a National and/or European Patent Attorney; or long-term experience in IP litigation; and/or
• In US – Law degree (J.D. or L.L.B.) and admission to practice as a US Registered Patent Attorney or equally experienced.
• Fluency in English essential,
• 5-8 years of post-qualification legal experience;
• Several years’ experience in patent conflict matters, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry.
Experience in cross-functional working.