Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Sr GL Accountant (Germany/Austria market)
Job ID196519BRPosition TitleSr GL Accountant (Germany/Austria market)DivisionALCONBusiness UnitFRA OPERATIONS NBSCountrySwitzerlandWork LocationFribourgCompany/Legal EntitySwitzerland Alcon Pharmaceuticals Ltd.Functional AreaAudit & FinanceTherapeutic/Disease AreaOphthalmics/OphthalmologyJob TypeFull TimeEmployment TypeRegularJob DescriptionBuilding on its heritage of more than 65 years, Alcon, the global leader in eye care, is the second largest division of the Novartis Group with revenue of USD 10.8 billion in 2014. The division was formed by Novartis on April 8, 2011, following the closing of the merger between Alcon and Novartis. The new Alcon Division combines the product portfolios, commercialization capabilities, R&D and talent of Alcon, CIBA VISION and Novartis Ophthalmics. Today, Alcon has more than 25,000 employees with headquarters in Fort Worth, Texas, U.S.A. Alcon’s two businesses – Surgical and Vision Care - meet the diverse needs of eye care professionals and patients offering the widest spectrum of eye care products with operations in 75 countries and products available in 180 markets.
For more information, www.alcon.com.
We are looking to recruit a Sr GL Accountant (Germany/Austria market)to join Alcon in Fribourg.
The job purpose is to:
• Provide accounting and closing skills to ensure accurate accounts and timely reporting of Alcon
• Ensure high quality of financial data and guarantee compliance to Group and BU Reporting standards as well as statutory requirements
• Business partner with designated Local Business Units to ensure that business objectives are met through provision of timely, accurate and relevant financial information
Accounting & Reporting
• Support preparation of monthly financial closing according to IFRS and local legal requirements including the financial reporting in the Novartis Reporting software FCRS
• Ensure the creation and maintenance of adequate accounting records to meet local legal requirements and Novartis required standards
• Adoption of new accounting standards and new requirements according to the Novartis Accounting Manual (NAM)
• Coordination with Novartis stakeholders to ensure accurate financial data (Local Finance organization, NVS Consolidation and Reporting team, Group treasury, Supply Chain, etc.)
• Full balance sheet accounts reconciliations and balance sheet reviews with local and divisional stakeholders as well as ensure timely cleanup of overdue items.
• Deal under control with tax advisors and tax authorities to handle tax requirements such as VAT, etc.
• Preparation and processing of General Ledger transactions
• Update daily sales reports
Compliance and Internal Control
• Maintain a “strong and no exception” control environment
• Assist with specific tax, compliance and audit reporting processes and for the entity, providing necessary data to internal and external authorities, and acting as a FSC point of contact for stakeholders for questions about reporting and/or compliance processes or results
• Ensure compliance with the Novartis Financial Control Manual and SOX 404 through maintenance of relevant FRA internal controls, reconciliations, documentation management (Standard Operating Procedures).
• Setup/maintenance of the local chart of accounts/master data and cost center hierarchy in the ERP systems SAP/JDE in collaboration with the affiliate and the GL Manager.
• Support finance related process changes to achieve best practice by proactively identifying gaps to standards, initiating and formulating change projects with IT and Finance management
Change Management / Projects
• Support FRA initiatives and projects led by other departments or sites.
• Cooperation with other business units in driving X-Bus efficiencies and standardizationMinimum requirementsProfile
• Education (minimum/desirable): Accounting/ Economics diploma or degree
• Experience: + 5 or more years of experience in similar role, knowledge and practice of IFRS, knowledge of local tax (Income tax/VAT), knowledge of SAP/JDE, good communication skills
• Languages: Fluent in English both written and spoken; excellent German knowledge is a must
Novartis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.