Head of Medical Affairs
Novimmune SA is a drug discovery and development company located in Plan-les-Ouates and Basel, Switzerland, that focuses on developing therapeutic monoclonal antibodies for inflammatory diseases and immune-related disorders. The pipeline is a balance of preclinical and clinical compounds, specific for clinically validated and novel targets. Each of these portfolio products has the potential of becoming a medicine for multiple medical conditions due to the intrinsic mechanism of action. Five of these compounds are currently in early clinical development with the three most advanced in clinical Phase II. The company has also been purposefully targeting a number of orphan drug indications, with the express hope of eventually providing safe and effective treatment options to some of the often neglected populations suffering from rare diseases.
Novimmune is seeking a Head of Medical Affairs who will provide scientific support and leadership for late phase development projects and post-approval development activities.
- Lead scientific communication within Novimmune and the preparation of the publication plan for the molecules in development.
- Lead the development of presentation material about the molecules in development and prepare/approve scientific communications
- Provide information and educate on the disease and on the advancement of our projects as per needs
- Lead a team of medical Liaisons.
- Create and/or maintain a network of Key Opinion Leaders/experts in the field of interest to NovImmune.
- Contribute to the Business Development and Licensing activities. Provide the scientific input and accuracy for the creation of all promotional materials and events.
- Contribute to the Clinical Team activities.
- Be a core member of the Project Team and contribute to the Clinical Development programs and life cycle.
- Other activities as required
Skills and competencies:
- MD with at least 10 years of professional experience in clinical research in the pharmaceutical industry environment.
- Proven successful experience in Medical Affairs, preferably in the field of rare diseases and/or oncology and/or immunology.
- A background in immunology is a plus. Experience working with rare diseases.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to establish strong scientific partnership with key investigators.
- Willing to be part of interdisciplinary teams with spirit of initiative and proactivity.
- Good organizational skills are essential as well as the ability to work in multi-functional, multi-national teams or independently as circumstances demand.
- Above average communication and inter-personal skills will be needed as this role will be central to the success of our growing company.
- A well rounded, supportive and adaptable personality to balance the needs of an organizational experiencing significant change as a result of portfolio success.
- Ability to organize and synthesize information from a variety of sources and understand new concepts quickly.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
Interested applicants should send their CV and motivation letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org. with a reference to the following job code in the subject line: MedAff2016. For more information on Novimmune’s activities please refer to our website http://www.Novimmune.com