We’re continuously advancing science. Could you advance with us?
At UCB we’re passionate about science and that’s what drives us to create a pipeline of breakthrough medicines that will make a real difference to people’s lives all over the world.
We like to make a difference to the lives of those who work for us too. With more than 8,500 staff, UCB offers an exciting working environment where initiative can flourish and those with a ‘can-do’ attitude can thrive.
Every colleague is invited to make their mark and become a key part of the company’s evolution and we continue to evolve fast. Hundreds of new colleagues from health care and business backgrounds have joined us within the last two years, bringing with them a dynamic energy, fresh perspectives, and new ideas.
In order to deliver the best solutions to patients, UCB Farchim SA in Bulle, Switzerland is seeking with immediate effect a talented individual as
E-Plant Specialist (Biotech Manufacturing Plant)
In the scope of the industrial manufacturing activities, and related to production software (MES, DCS, scheduling, data collection software), the jobholder has the following main responsibilities:
- to participate in technical or organisational cross-functional projects as well as to specific manufacturing projects
- to participate in continuous process improvement projects support manufacturing activities
- to participate in process data trending
- to support troubleshooting and continuous improvement
- to ensure the implementation of the process with the production software (automation)
- Point of contact for production personnel regarding production software (troubleshooting, identifying issues, continuous improvement)
- Training of all production personnel in the use of production software
- Change management to the software (writing of change requests, DIA and liaison with Technical Support for implementation and retesting)
- To participate to cross-functional projects (technical and organizational)
- To participate to manufacturing process projects impacting production software
- To support actively the Manufacturing Operation Managers in case of:
- Process deviation/investigation
- Process troubleshooting (impacted by or with impact on production software)
- To participate in continuous improvement projects
- To support actively the Production teams as required.
- To provide support during software implementation for production process data
- To participate in production scheduling software
- Participate in investigations (automation / MES related investigations)
- Support implementation of new processes
- Qualified to degree level in a life sciences discipline or industrial systems engineering
- Fluent in French and good knowledge of English
- Ideally first experience in a manufacturing environment
- Working experience with BIOVIA Discoverant a strong advantage
- Able to identify and communicate improvement routes supporting current or future activities
- Ability to solve problems by providing clear and effective solutions
- Ability to work under pressure and handle challenging situations
- You are an excellent project manager and relationship builder, highly organized with a keen sense of what it takes to get the job done
- Creative mind-set, can-do attitude and hands-on problem solving skills, while able to think strategically
If you represent a Recruitment Agency, please refrain from contacting UCB or its employees regarding these vacancies at any time. We work with select suppliers and will not take unsolicited calls, emails or respond to unrequested CV's.