We’re continuously advancing science. Could you advance with us?
At UCB we’re passionate about science and that’s what drives us to create a pipeline of breakthrough medicines that will make a real difference to people’s lives all over the world.
We like to make a difference to the lives of those who work for us too. With more than 8,500 staff, UCB offers an exciting working environment where initiative can flourish and those with a ‘can-do’ attitude can thrive.
Every colleague is invited to make their mark and become a key part of the company’s evolution and we continue to evolve fast. Hundreds of new colleagues from health care and business backgrounds have joined us within the last two years, bringing with them a dynamic energy, fresh perspectives, and new ideas.
In order to deliver the best solutions to patients, UCB Farchim SA in Bulle, Switzerland is seeking with immediate effect a talented individual as
Automation Engineer (MES Syncade)
- To be the interface with the production engineering team and with the UCB technical service department (maintenance, metrology, HSE) for all automation issues
- Handle the administration of the automated/computerized systems, in which department is responsible for
- Define the process automation maintenance activities within the biotechnological production
- Ensure the success of future projects given by respecting the defined objectives and the pre-established specifications, quality norms, costs and time constraints
- Contribute to the good functioning of production processes by analyzing issues and gaps of the operating systems and suggest concrete and realistic solutions considering the GAMP/ASTM E2500
- Ensure the correct execution of the automatized/computerized verification tests and ensure that all the results are in compliance with the acceptance criteria
- Contribute to the continuous improvement and optimization of the MES (Emerson Syncade) system
- Bachelor/Master Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Fluent in English and French
- >3 years of experience in the development and the commissioning of chemical/pharmaceutical/food automated production processes
- Proven involvement in middle/large size process automation projects
- Good knowledge of GAMP and automated validation/verification systems within the Biotech manufacturing
- Good technical knowledge of MES (Emerson Syncade) recipes development, material handling, dispensary and equipment management