Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Description of the work
· Provide technical support for Managed Oracle Database Hosting services provided by the client, including system administration of Oracle database technology components.
· Design, install, configure and support Oracle database instances.
· Design, install, configure and support Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC), including Stretched Clusters.
· Implement backups using RMAN, disaster recovery using DataGuard, monitoring using Oracle Enterprise Manager.
· Apply database patches, updates and perform upgrades.
· Co-ordinate with the application and database vendors for resolution of problems (functional bugs, performance issues, etc.).
· Assist in the provision of technical support for the ERP development team of the Partner Organization(s).
· Assist in the planning and running of disaster recovery tests.
· Provide assistance in landscape design.
· Monitor capacity.
· Perform routine production support activities and provide incident and problem management support.
· Troubleshoot database-related issues.
· Undertake performance tuning.
· Produce documentation as required.
· Implement project-type activities and other requests for services.
· Perform support activities during maintenance windows.
· In case of emergencies, provide support (either on-site or remotely using VPN connectivity) outside normal working hours.
· Provide standby and on-call support as and when required.
· Liaise with Partner Organizations on a service management basis.
° Provide telephone number where the consultant may be reached in case of emergency
° Perform other duties as required.
· Degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent.
· Fluency in English and French. Spanish is an advantage.
Activity Rate and contract
· Fulltime and Permanent
· Interested parties should contact by email email@example.com
Date of publication: 2015-12-10