"Caring for the world… one person at a time” inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. This culture of caring is the focus of our corporate philosophy, that are anchored in the internationally applicable Credo
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of technology, devices, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, cranio-maxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Our broad array of inspired, innovative and high-quality offerings help advance the health and wellbeing of people around the world.
For our Operations team based in our EMEA Headquarters in Zuchwil, we are looking to for a highly committed Project Manager - Value Engineering
In this cross functional and strategic role, you will be responsible for leading a project in coordination with relevant teams, manufacturing sites and supporting functions to ensure the best use of company resources and expertise, and to maintain alignment with the Operations strategy for quality, service levels and profitability goals.
- Lead a project to identify design optimization opportunities of our existing product portfolio and execute the implementation of these design changes
- Create and maintain critical project related elements such as project roadmap, schedule, resources, budget etc.
- Lead a cross-functional team consisting of Manufacturing, R&D, Quality, Regulatory, and others
- Conduct regular project reviews, monitor and manage dependencies, monitor and mitigate risks, remove roadblocks for project team
- Provide project updates to the Program Manager to ensure timely execution across the region
- Develop and maintain relationships with other regional or global project teams
- Manage the implementation of external partner's activities associated with program implementation to ensure that all solutions adhere to J&J standards
- Leverage synergies, promote best practice sharing and develop project management expertise among team members
- Bachelor or Master degree preferably in Engineering or Business Administration
- 5-8 years of work experience in industrial or project management environment
- 2-3 years of experience with product development or value engineering is preferred, but not required
- Experience with complex structures and matrix organization
- Ability to manage projects and initiatives with multiple functions
- Ability to effectively communicate with management, peers and project team members. Ability to motivate teams
- Analytical / problem solving skills. Ability to pay attention to detail without losing sight of strategic considerations
- Show self-direction in work, dynamic
- Ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines
- Fluency in English is required. German/French/Italian: fluency in at least one is preferred, but not required
- Availability to travel regionally up to 5-10%; occasional cross regional travel
If you feel attracted by this challenge and want to be part of a successful and growing organization, then please send us your online application (CV, Motivation Letter, Working References etc.) !
Synthes GmbH (7111)