Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
CTU Bern (www.ctu-bern.ch) is the Clinical Trials Unit
of the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Bern
and works closely with the affiliated university
hospital. It functions as a service unit to support and
coordinate investigator-initiated studies.
To conduct and supervise statistical analyses and to provide methodological support, CTU Bern is
looking for a
Duties and responsibilities
• Independently prepare, validate, and analyze data of clinical studies (observational studies, randomized-
controlled trials, meta-analyses).
• Develop statistical analysis plans of clinical trials.
• Support other members of the division and external clients in data analysis and interpretation.
• Contribute to the design and development of observational studies and clinical trials. Perform sample
• Contribute to final reports and manuscripts for publication of research projects as well as research
grants for new projects.
• Teaching of clinical investigators and study nurses.
Qualifications and skills
• University degree in (bio)statistics (PhD, MSc, MAS) or equivalent.
• Thorough experience in the analysis of clinical studies using statistical software (e.g. Stata, R).
• Knowledge in methodology of clinical and epidemiological studies.
• Very good knowledge of English, good knowledge of German.
• Ability to work cooperatively in a small team, as well as independently, attention to record keeping,
detail and quality.
• Strong interpersonal and written communication skills and excellent organizational skills.
• Experience in Bayesian analysis or proficiency in using Stata, R, or WinBUGS would be an asset.
We are offering an interesting position with diverse activities in a growing clinical trials unit with the
chance to contribute to the successful development of CTU Bern. The organization is dedicated to
high quality research and active career development. It provides an international academic
environment and operates with interdisciplinary teams.
We are looking to have the successful candidate in place as soon as possible. The salary of the
position is based on the salary scale of the canton of Bern.
For further information on the position advertised, please contact Dr. Andreas Limacher, Tel. +41
(0)31 631 35 10, firstname.lastname@example.org or http://www.ctu-bern.ch.
University of Bern, Department of Clinical Research, CTU Bern – Clinical Trials Unit, Finkenhubelweg
11, 3012 Bern