Head of Collaborative Innovation
The Head of Collaborative Innovation is a newly established, global, role reporting to the Head of Global Science & Technology. In this exciting position you will lead key areas of our innovation such as: scouting process & knowledge management, partnership development and new funding models. You will deliver new programs and business opportunities, in line with our innovation strategy, position Givaudan as an innovation leader and preferred partner in the industry. You will actively collaborate with senior executives, procurement, legal, IP dept. and colleagues in the Science & Technology areas of flavours, fragrance and active beauty businesses to harmonize and increase efficiency of the collaborative innovation.
Sounds interesting? It could well be your perfect opportunity if, like us, you always aim to exceed customer needs, deliver value and are skilled at fostering strong relationships. Futhermore you will:
- Focus on Collaborative Innovation criteria: to support flavours, fragrance and active beauty with KPIs, measurable indicators allowing entering new business, secure IP for Givaudan or the partnership, demonstrating point of differentiation/competitive advantage and compliance with sustainability principles
- Partnerships & Networking:collaborate internally with other dept. during negotiations, due diligence, preparation of agreements, FTO analysis work. Disseminate established best practices to improve cross divisional collaboration. Externally to consult with influential experts, propose Givaudan memberships and participation in consortia, assess new partner/project opportunities and external funding opportunities to bring added value and synergies.
- Knowledge Management:understand the ecosystems that are key drivers of innovation, identify external partners with complementary meaningful technologies, investigation, collecting, reviewing and dissemination of information that is business critical, impacts IP and monitors competitor activities. Identify opportunities for cross-divisional / cross-functional leverage
Are you someone who wants to grow and shape your own world? Who thrives being in a culture where you can express yourself in a creative team environment? Who wants to collaborate and learn together with teams who are as passionate as you are? Then come join us – and impact your world. Your professional profile includes:
- Advanced degree in Natural Sciences (biology, chemistry, mathematics or engineering)
- Solid technical background covering chemistry, life science, math and other related knowledge
- Extensive experience in life science research and technologies including biotechnology, neurochemistry, big data, chemical and natural libraries and/or modeling and simulation activities
- Minimum 5+ of innovation strategy/business analysis & development experience
- Good understanding of flavor, fragrances and cosmetic business and adjacency markets
- Passion for Science and Innovation
- Strong understanding of strategy development across the value chains to participate in the emergence of new collaborative business models
- Excellent project management skills
- Outstanding leadership through influence ability and motivate high performance teams and executives
- Business fluent in English, other languages a plus
Your future employer?
Givaudan is the global leader in the creation of flavours and fragrances. In close collaboration with food, beverage, consumer product and fragrance partners, Givaudan develops tastes and scents that delight consumers the world over. With a passion to understand consumers’ preferences and a relentless drive to innovate, Givaudan is at the forefront of creating flavours and fragrances that ‘engage your senses’. The Company achieved sales of CHF 4.4 billion in 2015. Headquartered in Switzerland with local presence in over 80 locations, the company has more than 9,500 employees worldwide. Givaudan invites you to discover more at www.givaudan.com.