Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
General Manager (Transport & Logistics) – Switzerland
Location: Zuerich region
This job is a great opportunity to work within an industry that is specialized in a niche market.
The General Manager will provide overall leadership in the areas of operational performance, P&L management, customer relations, continuous improvement, and Associate development.
• P&L responsibility, budgets and results
• Streamlining of internal processes to ensure high quality and efficiency of services performance
• Strong focus on new customer acquisition and increment of market share of key accounts
• Negotiate business conditions with customers, third party providers and agent network
• Business development including optimization of service set-up with existing or new agents worldwide
• Develop, implement and monitor compliance of personnel with administrative policies, procedures, safety rules (e.g. accounting, operational, regulatory and administrative); and any Company or government regulations
• Responsible for establishing and maintaining high standards of security and customer service
• Provide leadership and motivation to the team
• Manage and maximize productivity
• Monitor service levels to ensure that performance statistics meet customer/ vendor contractual/agreed requirements
• Build constructive and effective relationships with internal and external customers
• Comprehensive formation and further education in the transport industry, or many years working experience with a minimum of 5-8 years international experience
• 5+ years management experience in transportation, distribution and/or freight management
• 5+ years of experience managing full P&L. Proven track record of progressive success in performance-based environments that focus on customer service, urgency and continuous improvement.
• A hands-on management approach that encourages change and creative problem-solving
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced and high-intensity environment
• Ability to interact effectively at multiple levels in support of customer relationships
• Ability to meet strict time frames in environments with zero tolerance for failure
• Excellent communication and presentation skills and high integrity
• Strong relationship-building skills
• Self-confidence (particularly with client relationships)
• Proven leadership and analytical skills
• In this role, strong organizational, negotiation, and decision-making skills are necessary as well as being able to effectively and efficiently manage competing priorities.
• Ability to think strategically and adapt to the changing needs of the business are critical.
Languages: Must be able to read, write, fluently speak and understand German and English French: must be able to communicate
Ideal age: 35 – 50
We are looking preferably for a Swiss national, or someone who knows Switzerland very well.
Ms B. Kaumann looks forward to receiving your full application documents (CV, work references, course certificates), please mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, call us 041 780 71 79