RETAIL BUYER KIDS
Guess Europe is currently recruiting a:
RETAIL BUYER KIDS
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Retail buyer is responsible for the buy balance and meeting the intake margin target
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Keep updated on market knowledge of GUESS brand and its competitors
- Immerse yourself in Fashion knowledge at designer level
- Selection of product assortment for the Retail Stores
- Buying Speed to market items to keep on top of trends
- Ensure optimal choice for the customer in each store cluster based on lessons learned and predicted trends
- Ensure that the offer is balanced across lines, by style, color, fabric etc. for optimal “outfit building” to aid product presentation in store as well as increase UPT (unit per transaction)
- Determine ranking of all styles, predicted best sellers, NOS (never out of stock) and fashion “must haves” for correct quantification of the buy
- Regular review of SKU sales performance to propose commitment adjustments, rebuys and cancellations. Regular monitoring of intake of stock.
- Trial new concepts on a regular basis to improve the Brand
- Feedback to wholesale teams missed opportunities in the buy
- Work with divisions, North America and outside vendors to create the best ranges
- Work in line with the department critical paths and sign offs
- Professional and clear communication with all cross functions including Merchants and Visual to ensure input to the buy
- Monthly allocation meeting to give insight into direction of following assortment and to improve alternatives when product is no longer available
- Feedback on sales trends in Retail (best & worst sellers) to Wholesale teams
- Buy back into opportunities and manage risk
- Approval of markdowns for sale periods
- University degree level
- At least 3 - 5 years of experience in a similar role, preferable in Kidswear line.
- Language skills: very good knowledge of English. Any other European language will be considered as a plus.
- Highly trend focused solid background and understanding of the product.
- Highly motivated, able to work independently, very flexible when priorities change, problem solving abilities, organized, detail oriented, able to work in a fast paced environment