Senior Administrative Assistant
Apply To JobPosting Title
Senior Administrative AssistantEmployee Type
Corporate DevelopmentSearch Location(s)
Switzerland - ZugDivision
Corporate Planning and ProgJob Category
Senior Administrative Assistant provides support for members of PSPM.
• Work is generally of a critical or confidential nature. Leads the PSPM Admin team to ensure consistent level of service and optimization of admin activities.
• Manages the accounts payable system for PSPM working with all members of PSPM.
• Organizes departmental meetings and maintains PSPM records and document storage areas.
• May handle special projects and execute research and data analysis tasks as assigned.
• Coordinates activities between departments and outside parties.
• Contacts and works with company personnel at all organizational levels to schedule meetings, gather information and prepare reports.
Job Function and Description
Administration / Administration Forum
• Performs administrative duties, which may involve contact and exposure to highly confidential materials and information.
• Lead PSPM Admin forum ensuring co-ordination and consistency between admin team
• Handles non-routine information.
• Manages the staff schedules; schedules meetings (on and offsite) and makes travel arrangements for supported staff, visitors, partners and vendors as necessary.
• Creates and prepares correspondence, spreadsheet reports and presentations.
• Attends department meetings, provide assistance in preparing agendas, taking notes and distributing minutes.
• Assists with maintenance of PSPM and product websites, as requested.
• Provides phone support; assumes responsibility for copying, faxing, and developing and maintaining filing systems.
• Sets-up Purchase Orders and processes Accounts Payable invoices for PSPM including tracking of budgets and expenditure
• Accountable for meeting planning and organization (schedule attendees, book conference rooms, arrange catering, prepare presentations, compile notebooks, meeting materials, handouts, etc).
• Proactively responds to questions, concerns and requests for information and resolves routine questions and information requests.
• Liaises and coordinates with CP&PM Exec Assistant and other Assistants to ensure optimal interaction with other staff/departments (Exec Assistant is responsible for overseeing coordination of cross-department work and will provide assignments, as required).
• Serves as a back-up for CP&PM Exec Assistant as required
• Active participation in the CP&PM team, Admin and PM forums to deliver CP&PM initiatives and build a center of program and project management excellence
• Liaise and coordinate with CP&PM Exec Assistant and PSPM Senior Admin to ensure optimal interaction with other staff/departments
Education and Experience Requirements
• A High School diploma or GED is required but a Bachelor’s degree is preferable.
• A minimum of 5 years of administrative support at the Director level is required.
• Experience with managing scheduling and travel for at least 5 individuals is required; experience with international travel and supporting non-US based individuals is desirable.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite is required, especially Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.
• Proficiency in written and spoken English required
Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
• Extensive working knowledge of MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
• Advanced knowledge of MS Outlook is essential.
• Experience with MS Project a plus
• Experience with expense reporting and accounts payable systems/software.
• Strong interpersonal skills; position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
• Must be able to interact and communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Requires strong attention to detail in composing and proofing materials, establishing priorities, scheduling and meeting deadlines
• Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage multiple competing tasks and demands.
• Must be able to handle confidential information and issues effectively and without breach of confidentiality
Complexity and Problem Solving
• Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
Internal and External Contacts
• This position is accountable to a Sr. Director in the CP&PM Dept. who will be responsible for ensuring appropriate support of other CP&PM staff, as assigned. The cross-department support provided by this position is subject to coordination by the Dept. Executive Admin (to the Head, CP&PM) with whom this individual will consult and coordinate with on a regular basis.
Other Job Requirements
• Domestic and International travel to effectively interact with LPT members and other staff
Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We strive to develop best-in-class products, many of which are available in more than 100 countries, across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Ophthalmics, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal/Internal Medicine/Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; and a growing franchise in Oncology.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.
Apply To Job