This position has two primary responsibilities:
1. Global Health Economics , Outcomes Research and Epidemiology (GHEORE) Product (s) support
Responsibilities as a member of a Global product team representing and helping execute the GHEORE product strategy. In this capacity you will support the GHEORE product team(s) to which you will be assigned to coordinate and articulate the integrated GHEORE global product strategy and represent GHEORE in the company wide product-related working groups (Global Value Team (GVT), Product Development Team (PDT), DDT etc.)
2. Global Outcomes Research (GOR) Center of Excellence
Responsibilities as a member of the Global Outcomes Research (GOR) Center of Excellence. In this capacity you will provide technical Outcomes Research support to other members of the GHEORE department and to cross- functional stakeholders and plan, design and execute outcomes research studies.Responsibilities:50%:GOR Center of Excellence related responsibilities:
• Assist in developing and implementing GOR studies agreed upon by the GVT in order to maximize commercial opportunities for Shire products and provide input to the global product strategy
• In collaboration with GHEORE product lead, ensure that GOR projects have received input from the Global Market Access representative, or the appropriate GMAc representative responsible for country adaptation, and assist in the local adaptation process
• Identify, evaluate, retain and oversee a global network of consultants and contract organizations to execute the GOR evidence generation deliverables (e.g. any study design evaluating the outcomes of healthcare interventions-- observational cohort studies, cross-sectional studies, systematic reviews, meta-analyses, registries, etc)
• Maintain awareness of new methods, tools and data sources to ensure study designs are technically sound and appropriate and for market access, commercialization and/or publication needs.50%:Global Product responsibilities:
• Contribute with the GHEORE product lead to develop a GHEORE global product strategy in support of drug development and commercialization programs and market access plans for global markets
• Assist (or lead) in the design and effective management of GOR projects and studies
• Ensure effective, efficient and timely execution of GOR deliverables
• Contribute and collaborate during the product strategy development and project execution process and contribute to a robust dissemination plan for use of OR data
• Produce OR designs cross the product life cycle to demonstrate product value for target audiences (payers, physicians, or patients).
• Retrospective observational cohort and comparative effectiveness research, cross-sectional studies, systematic literature reviews, meta-analyses, and indirect comparisons, etc and support local country OR studies in accordance with local region requirements, when needed
• The Associate Director is responsible for :
• Executing and managing a GOR program of work (as described above )
• Engaging the GHEORE product team members and effectively executing strategy via internal teams and external vendors
• Communicating and collaborating effectively with other GOR & GHEORE team members
• Effectively triaging concerns and proactively engaging the appropriate GHEORE team members to inform and to be advised
• Identifying strategic or implementation problems early and identifying and engaging appropriate resources (e.g. TA/BU leads or line management) that can help solve the problem
• Communicating effectively with the GHEOR Product Lead and GVT or other product related teams to report progress and present study outcomes, as needed
• Ensure that all final deliverables are of high scientific quality and are presented in a way that supports the agreed upon product strategy
• Identify conceptual, strategic or methodological issues (especially in non HE projects) and seek expert advice (e.g. from the appropriate center of excellence (CoE).
• Ensure accuracy and quality of the GHEORE deliverables/product.
• In conjunction with the GVT’s cross-functional partners assist, as needed, in the development of the product value proposition, contribute HE evidence to the Global Value Dossier (GVD), and be an active contributor to completing the GOR evidence supporting the value proposition.
• Maintain awareness of global HEOR requirements, regulatory legislation, payer and HTA trends and requirementsEducation & Experience Requirements:
Masters degree in HEOR related field (Public Health, Economics, Epidemiology, Statistics, Health Services Research (or similar)) with 3 to 5 or more years experience in global pharmaceutical or medical device industry or a doctorate degree in health services research, pharmacy, medicine, public health, economics, (or similar) with at least 2 years experience in global biopharmaceutical or medical device industry.
Experience in OR research methodologies (Retrospective observational cohort, cross-sectional studies, registries, etc) to support product development and reimbursement efforts and experience interfacing with external scientific bodies & preference for experience with interactions with reimbursement agencies in US and/or EuropeOther Job Requirements:
• Travel will be required (up to 20%)
• Experience and willingness to work in a global environment is essentialAbout Shire:
culture offers employees with diverse backgrounds the opportunity to enable those with life altering conditions to lead better lives.Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire is an equal opportunity employer. Shire evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.EEO is the LawEEO is the Law - SupplementPay Transparency Policy
Shire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.