Apply To JobPosting Title
Senior Administrative Assistant to Product Strategy Lead and Team(s)Employee Type
Rare DiseasesSearch Location(s)
Switzerland - ZugDivision
Product ManagementJob Category
Provides executive level administrative support to the Product Strategy Team Lead(s) and their management team(s).
The incumbent is responsible for providing executive-level administrative support the VP and/or Sr Director PSTL and some members of the local leadership team. The incumbent will anticipate and resolve administrative needs including last minute meeting requests, unforeseen calendar changes and, unexpected international travel reservations, all taken care of with ease, autonomy, and proper follow through with stakeholders. The incumbent will thrive in an environment where priorities change daily, and where he/she wears many hats, is focused, detailed-oriented and thrives in a fast paced environment. He/she is able to think "outside the box" and prioritize tasks and decisions in a timely manner. The incumbent will look for ways to improve current processes, and to produce high-quality results. He/she will balance his/her workload by prioritizing tasks and requests according to executive goals and deadlines. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to making extensive travel arrangements, expense reports, calendar management, agenda and minute generation and event scheduling and planning. Other responsibilities include: arranging management meetings with participants in different geographies, managing office needs, and arranging critical internal and external events.
• Performs complex administrative duties, involving contact with and exposure to highly confidential materials and information
• Coordinates with other BU and IC administrative assistants helping to drive alignment and consistency of communication/approach across offices/locations
• Develops, maintains, and communicates team function processes and procedures
• Demonstrates ability to draft basic correspondence / documents and proofs work to ascertain communication is clear in tone and error free
• Manages and maintains departments electronic mailing lists
• Maintains assigned tasks on intranet site
• Ensures at all times that the department is orderly, office supplies are stocked and departmental mail is distributed
• Manage invoice and PO processes, including consultancy fees, vendors, etc.
• Assists with meeting management for the PST’s, including but not limited to the creation of the agenda for the PST, and participation in meetings, as needed, to capture minutes, key decisions, and follow-up actions.
• Helps to organize offsite meetings, team events, etc.
• Ensures that all appointments are timely and accurately scheduled, maintains Outlook calendar accurately, manages decision making on scheduling of appointments, manages and coordinates meetings utilizing meeting planning skills (including confirming attendees in advance.)
• Utilizes professional phone etiquette, accurate and detailed message taking techniques, timely routing of all messages, and organization of phone coverage.
• Responds to requests for information from internal employees and external vendors in a timely manner.
• Coordinate travel accommodations (both domestic and international)
• Ability to hear and speak to employees/management and outside business associates on the phone and in person
• Ability to sit for long hours at a time
• Ability to see the letters and numbers on a personal computer screen and on memoranda, reports and other documents (near vision)
• Requires moderate right and left hand coordination for the use of the personal computer
• Must maintain a professional image/demeanor
Education and Experience Requirements:
• High School diploma or GED required
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• A minimum of 12 years of office administration experience with prior experience supporting executives required
Key Skills and Competencies:
• Extensive working knowledge of SAP, MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
• Advanced knowledge of MS Outlook is essential.
• Experience with expense reporting systems/software.
• Strong interpersonal skills; position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
• Must be able to interact and communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Requires strong attention to detail in composing and proofing materials, establishing priorities, scheduling and meeting deadlines.
• Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage multiple competing tasks and demands.
• Must be flexible in handling multiple tasks of a different nature and have the ability to prioritize efficiently.
• Must be able to handle confidential information and issues effectively and without breech of confidentiality
Fluent in English and solid understanding of other European language (german or French) desired.
Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We strive to develop best-in-class products, many of which are available in more than 100 countries, across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Ophthalmics, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal/Internal Medicine/Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; and a growing franchise in Oncology.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.
Apply To Job